PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2 #2
Carrier: boost

jcthelight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i want to flash my cdma tp2 with a new rom

hi ive searched and havent found what im looking for can someone tell me step by step hope to flash a rom on my phone including any other program i may need to do it thanks

Last edited by jcthelight; 12-30-2010 at 07:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800w
Carrier: Sprint

mtnbkr is a n00b
Re: i want to flash my cdma tp2 with a new rom

I'm looking for the same thing - how to flash directly with PC connected. I don't have an SD card yet. I believe I unlocked the phone. Is there a way to verify? I downloaded the Energy (29007, Dec 27) rom. Is this a good one to start with?

Thanks in advance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

pm my and i'll explain it to you
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
I'm looking for the same thing - how to flash directly with PC connected. I don't have an SD card yet. I believe I unlocked the phone. Is there a way to verify? I downloaded the Energy (29007, Dec 27) rom. Is this a good one to start with?

Thanks in advance.
Well, you guys have come to the right place. Please note the handy thanks button, the liberal application of which will somehow encourage help. I just dragged myself through this process over the last 1.5 days and it is not impossible, just detailed work.

You have to follow the instructions on:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...2-sd-card.html

Do not be intimidated by the long list and verbiage. It boils down to two steps:

1. Get the unlocking software to allow you to overwrite the ROM in your phone, this is likely to be slightly terrifying depending of how vigorous your antivirus software is... files are safe... as all the people here will attest... but unlock the sucker.

2. Then choose what you want to load and load it. I chose a variant of the Energy ROM which has the most downloads. I could never get it to run from the storage card, but it also comes with an installer to run off your PC and ActiveSync.

Duh, dats it.

PS You can relock your phone if you have to turn it in....

PPS My phone now runs twice as fast and I also downloaded a version of Android which I have now installed so effectively I have a dual-boot system.

Last edited by jerryyyyy; 01-02-2011 at 01:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

shouldnt this be in the TP2 forum ? not the upgrade forum ????
Old 12-31-2010, 12:03 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
shouldnt this be in the TP2 forum ? not the upgrade forum ????

yep...mods will take care of it
Old 12-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

FormerUSMC is a n00b

Energy is a great one to start with. And yeah, the whole process left me with no fingernails, mainly because my wife would kill me if I bricked my phone.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Before the move...

Get PPCkitchen, and make your own....the best way to do it, create it your own way and the way you like it.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:54 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

moved
Old 12-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

yea its not a nerve wrecking process but you may get nervous the first time you unlock hecause the TP2 appears like its completely powered down when it really isnt. this can give you the illusion that the phone crashed. I also find that all the n00bs (to the forum and flashing process) tend to start with the eye candy intensive or 6.5.x roms. but we advanced users prefer more functionality over eye candy which is what the 6.1 and 6.5.21916 roms can give.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
lol, n00b