PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Vogue)
Carrier: Verizon

TheXev is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to TheXev Send a message via AIM to TheXev
Got TP2 off ebay, will not program/PRL update!

I just purchased a used Touch Pro2 off ebay to upgrade from my Vogue, and it has a few issues.

The first and biggest issue I will address here: I cannot program the phone or even perform a PRL update. The phone is for a pre-paid account, but after calling Verizon Customer Service, I verified that the ESN is clean and that the phone should be able to activate service for prepay.

When I attempt to activate the phone via VZW's website, this is the error I get: "PLAN EQUIP CODE PMS INVALID FOR XV6875/DACC P0376." I plan on calling customer service or even going into a VZW store in the coming days to try and address this issue, but was wondering if anyone else had any ideas?

I am moving this account from my A930, and it is asking me to add a data plan (which I am okay with doing since I need it). I had the phone unlocked briefly, but I relocked it after needing to reflash to the stock rom. Current rom is stock MR3.

The phone has been tinkerd with by its previous owner, has they had to replace the LCD display. I'm wondering how anal HTC would be about trying to send the phone in for warranty work (and if I could even try that since I didn't buy the phone).

Phone seems to get reception fine, and I checked all the EPST settings vs the ones found in this thread, and found no major discrepancies, except for some country codes (and those codes match the ones found in my Vogue's EPST settings).

The tilt feature (when you open the keyboard) that changes the screen orientation is completely shot. Not worried about this (yet).

Anyone with any information would be helpful! Thanks ahead of time!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Got TP2 off ebay, will not program/PRL update!

lots of scams on ebay, they couldve said the ESN was clean but in reality it isnt. and i dont think you can have a smartphone on VZW pre paid plans (which are expensive) ur better off taking it over to pageplus and activate it there (its prepaid that runs off the VZW network)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
If verizon says esn is clear then it is clear. Just go to a store and let them help you. Otherwise file a claim with paypal to get your money back. Paypal will get all your money back as long as you used their services the correct way. That said your prl will not update alot of times unless you update your profile and you can only update your profile if your phone is activated. Hope you get it figured out. Just remember that ebay and paypal have good fraud protection and will help you if your phone ends up being bad.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 12-11-2010, 01:22 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

when you activated it, did you add insurance?? take it in, get it replaced with a NIB or refurb for free
Old 12-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Regarding returning the device to HTC for warrany repair, there have been recent threads documenting HTC will not warranty devices with scratches, dings or other physical marks. And they will charge you to return your phone.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Vogue)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

TheXev is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to TheXev Send a message via AIM to TheXev

Thanks for all the help. I was able to find out the reason for why I couldn't activate the phone: This model isn't available for Verizon Prepaid monthly. I suppose I'll just get a proper plan at the end of the month after I have money to switch. Thanks a lot of all of the input peoples!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
epst, prl, programming, touch pro2