PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Clad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tilt2 board on Tp2

Hi,
my friend recently connected a Tilt2 mainboard(the lower part) to my european Tp2(upper part with front camera) because my phone was bricked. I've noticed that although there is a camera icon to switch to the front cam,when i launch it, the screen would remain dark and no photo can be taken. it seems that the phone cannot find the necessary values or settings to launch the front cam.

Is there any way to unlock the front cam? thanks.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Tilt2 board on Tp2

It seems to me that you'll run into one problem or another with this setup.
My first thought would be to load the european ROM... But that would cause you problems with your carrier most likely.
I think you just have a phone with a useless front facing camera.
Let's hope I'm wrong.
p.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clad
Hi,
my friend recently connected a Tilt2 mainboard(the lower part) to my european Tp2(upper part with front camera) because my phone was bricked. I've noticed that although there is a camera icon to switch to the front cam,when i launch it, the screen would remain dark and no photo can be taken. it seems that the phone cannot find the necessary values or settings to launch the front cam.

Is there any way to unlock the front cam? thanks.
Didn't the Tilt2 also have the front camera?
Sounds like something is hooked up incorrectly.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

No.
HTC Mobile Phones - Tilt 2 AT&T - Overview
p.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Clad is a n00b

well the shipped/cooked roms are working fine, only the front cam is not launching correctly. The icons and everything are present on the screen except the picture.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA
Quote:

No.
HTC Mobile Phones - Tilt 2 AT&T - Overview
p.
Ah!
Well, OP you could try flashing the AT&T shipped rom, then hspl unlock(if you haven't already), then flash a custom rom for the european version with the camera, and then provision it for AT&T.
That way you should have the AT&T radio with a rom that has the camera software in it.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Quote:

Ah!
Well, OP you could try flashing the AT&T shipped rom, then hspl unlock(if you haven't already), then flash a custom rom for the european version with the camera, and then provision it for AT&T.
That way you should have the AT&T radio with a rom that has the camera software in it.
Sounds like it might work that way...
Also I wonder if there is an isolated European camera Cab that can be installed. One that runs the front facing one.
p.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA
Quote:

Ah!
Sounds like it might work that way...
Also I wonder if there is an isolated European camera Cab that can be installed. One that runs the front facing one.
p.
Well if there is, maybe the same mod could be done to a Sprint TP2...hmm.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Clad is a n00b

i've already flashed several custom and shipped roms but none of them get the front cam launching. the number of pics that can be taken is calculated, so basically the software is recognizing the european cam but it seems missing some registry settings to capture the image.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:56 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Could he be on to something here?????

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2