PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Tilt2 board on Tp2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137404)

Clad 11-22-2010 03:48 PM

Tilt2 board on Tp2

Hi,
my friend recently connected a Tilt2 mainboard(the lower part) to my european Tp2(upper part with front camera) because my phone was bricked. I've noticed that although there is a camera icon to switch to the front cam,when i launch it, the screen would remain dark and no photo can be taken. it seems that the phone cannot find the necessary values or settings to launch the front cam.

Is there any way to unlock the front cam? thanks.

AZTECHKA 11-22-2010 04:57 PM

Re: Tilt2 board on Tp2

It seems to me that you'll run into one problem or another with this setup.
My first thought would be to load the european ROM... But that would cause you problems with your carrier most likely.
I think you just have a phone with a useless front facing camera.
Let's hope I'm wrong.
p.

horndoctor 11-22-2010 05:18 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clad
Hi,
my friend recently connected a Tilt2 mainboard(the lower part) to my european Tp2(upper part with front camera) because my phone was bricked. I've noticed that although there is a camera icon to switch to the front cam,when i launch it, the screen would remain dark and no photo can be taken. it seems that the phone cannot find the necessary values or settings to launch the front cam.

Is there any way to unlock the front cam? thanks.

Didn't the Tilt2 also have the front camera?
Sounds like something is hooked up incorrectly.

AZTECHKA 11-22-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2000856)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

No.
HTC Mobile Phones - Tilt 2 AT&T - Overview
p.

Clad 11-22-2010 05:36 PM

well the shipped/cooked roms are working fine, only the front cam is not launching correctly. The icons and everything are present on the screen except the picture.

horndoctor 11-22-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA
Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2000856)

No.
HTC Mobile Phones - Tilt 2 AT&T - Overview
p.

Ah!
Well, OP you could try flashing the AT&T shipped rom, then hspl unlock(if you haven't already), then flash a custom rom for the european version with the camera, and then provision it for AT&T.
That way you should have the AT&T radio with a rom that has the camera software in it. :dontknow:

AZTECHKA 11-22-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2000878)

Ah!
Well, OP you could try flashing the AT&T shipped rom, then hspl unlock(if you haven't already), then flash a custom rom for the european version with the camera, and then provision it for AT&T.
That way you should have the AT&T radio with a rom that has the camera software in it. :dontknow:

Sounds like it might work that way...
Also I wonder if there is an isolated European camera Cab that can be installed. One that runs the front facing one.
p.

horndoctor 11-22-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA
Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2000878)

Ah!

Sounds like it might work that way...
Also I wonder if there is an isolated European camera Cab that can be installed. One that runs the front facing one.
p.

Well if there is, maybe the same mod could be done to a Sprint TP2...hmm. ;)

Clad 11-22-2010 06:44 PM

i've already flashed several custom and shipped roms but none of them get the front cam launching. the number of pics that can be taken is calculated, so basically the software is recognizing the european cam but it seems missing some registry settings to capture the image.

ooxteme 11-22-2010 09:56 PM

Could he be on to something here?????:dontknow: