PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro DOS (2) [win mo 6.5][android 2.2]
Carrier: Boost

brka is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy sprint touch pro 2 on boost

hey im new to the forum and i need some help see
i bought a tp2 flashed to boost worked for about a day and a half..now im gettin message when i try to conect to data that says tried to dail #777 and i cant connect..also when i got to make a phone call it asks me if i want to make collect call on so forth..oh and i cant send sms either... it does show my number as my voicemail number..i tried a system reset still the same..any help and will the system reset do anything to the flash that got it on boost im new to all this and im always willing to learn more..i am alittle familiar with unlocking and things like that on other platforms not so much on windows mobile tho..anyhelp would be great thanks !
Old 05-15-2010, 04:44 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: sprint touch pro 2 on boost

you cant buy a device flashed to boost.. boost doesnt require flashing.. just simple reprogramming of the esn, meid and such...

you have to have a cdma boost device already active on boost.. then take your clever hacking skills and make your sprint tp2 "seem" like its the cdma boost phone.. thats how it works...

if you dont have a cdma phone on boost already, that your going to switch with, your dead in the water im pretty sure
Old 05-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brka is a n00b

i mean i bought it already "done" reprogrammed it just stopped working any suggestions?
Old 05-15-2010, 07:53 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

itll still have the boost progrmming in it.. but wont connect to anything...

...you cannot put a sprint tp2 or any non boost phone on boost, with out cloning the id of the cdma boost device thats already on there.... plain and simple.... doesnt matter if its preprogrammed, you hhave to have a boost account already with another device...

but look, what your asking requires cloning since boost removed their self service tool for esn swaps... we cant talk about cloning, so im gonna drop that part of the convo now...

you either got scammed by someone who knew what they were doing, or you didnt realize you cant use it without an existing boost device already active..

hope that clears it up
Old 05-15-2010, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
you cant buy a device flashed to boost.. boost doesnt require flashing.. just simple reprogramming of the esn, meid and such...

you have to have a cdma boost device already active on boost.. then take your clever hacking skills and make your sprint tp2 "seem" like its the cdma boost phone.. thats how it works...

if you dont have a cdma phone on boost already, that your going to switch with, your dead in the water im pretty sure
not true, you could have a clean esn sprint phone on the CDMA side to replace your current phone legally

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 05-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brka is a n00b

well im guessing that thats what he did (activated a boost account and cloned or whatever onto this one) its was working fine for 2 days or so..i was using everything youtube mms sms internet phone calls..it was all working then just stopped..any way im gonna go see the guy on monday..ill post what happens then..
Old 05-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brka is a n00b

also quick question while im on here again im a little new to the win mo scene lets say this gets fixed if i was to throw lets say and android rom on my tp2 will that effect my service in anyway? or any other rom for that matter
Old 05-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brka is a n00b

my sis tried calling me yesterday the call goes through on her end i just never recive it on the phone any ideas on how to fix it
Old 05-17-2010, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g/HTC TP 2

navymarvin is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to navymarvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brka View Post
also quick question while im on here again im a little new to the win mo scene lets say this gets fixed if i was to throw lets say and android rom on my tp2 will that effect my service in anyway? or any other rom for that matter

In order to flash a rom onto your TP2 you need it to be a TP2 rom. there is no way to flash an android rom to your phone you can dual boot your phone (running android from your storage card) I suggest you read through the TP2 android development thread. if you do flash a TP2 rom to your TP2 make sure it works for your sprint service some of them are service specific or GSM, CDMA specific ... Somebody got some reading to do.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brka is a n00b

yeah i do lol thanks to all that have helped so far i look fowrd to learnin this stuff tho..now to fix this freakin service issue

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2