PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Boost

valutechpc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another airave & boost tp2 problem

Ok so I have been searching for several weeks for a solution to this infamous problem. I have a tp2 on boost. A few weeks ago i get the "move out of airave signal" recording at my house on my phone and text do not work, data does though. I called sprint and told them about this and they said they need for the airave owner to call in and have them fix it but I don't know who it is. I called boost and they said i needed a prl update but I need to be out of the airave signal and in the signal from the tower for 5 days. I said, "what am i supposed to do? leave my phone down the street in the bushes for the next 5 days?" I said just tell me what version prl it is and i will do it myself. She could not tell me. I have 60671 right now. If anyone has found a solution to this PLEASE let me know or direct me to the right info.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:01 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Another airave & boost tp2 problem

settings>system>update prl doesnt work??? dont have that option?? here
Attached Files
File Type: cab Update Profile & PRL.cab (543.8 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

valutechpc is a n00b

yes thanks I already have that and the latest prl. I think the lady on from boost was saying that there is a special prl so that it will ignore the airave. Or she may have just been trying to blow me off.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

If you could force roaming for 5 days and limit data,text etc, would that work? I think there is a way to force roaming.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

valutechpc is a n00b

Well there is no roaming on boost so if I did set it to roam only i don't think it would get a signal.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:08 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Is the Airrave not yours? In someone elses house?
Can you not unplug it for 5 days?
Old 10-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by valutechpc
Well there is no roaming on boost so if I did set it to roam only i don't think it would get a signal.
ahhh. got it.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

too bad you cant find out whos airave. all they gotta do is lock it to specific numbers. then you would have no issues at all.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 10-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
too bad you cant find out whos airave. all they gotta do is lock it to specific numbers. then you would have no issues at all.
When I called about my Airvana, I was informed by tech support that the number restriction hasn't been implemented yet. It's there "for show."
Old 10-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

valutechpc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Is the Airrave not yours? In someone elses house?
Can you not unplug it for 5 days?
It is in one of my neighbors house. I can go all the way down the street in either direction before I am out of the signal.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2