PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dsam is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MightyROM- Sprint TP2 issue-No data/Internet

I tried the search function but could not find anything that helps me.

I got a new TP2 and flashed MightyROM (after HPSL unlocking). It got stuck at MightyROM provisioning screen that had 6 carriers with Telus at the top selected (green) by default. Screen was frozen, so I had to 'commit' and then cancel to move from that screen. Then I clicked the manual provisioning (Start>programs) and selected Sprint.

But data/internet does not work now. Phone and texts work.

What to do now to get data/internet working? I am relatively new to flashing though I flashed my TP 2 years ago and got rid of all the junk sprint icons sprint puts on the home page.

Also if I reflash (without actively removing the mightyrom) another custom ROM like energy ROM or sprint stock ROM on the current ROM, will it fix the issue? Can you give me a link to the most current sprint stock Rom?

thanks
Old 10-11-2010, 01:00 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: MightyROM- Sprint TP2 issue-No data/Internet

i know u provisioned, but did you goto settings>system>update profile?? try your data after doing that ..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...3-19-10-a.html - for stock ROM..

or HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Touch -str8 rom HTC

you can flash wihout removing the previous Rom, but little to noone will reccommend that to you.. i refuse to Flash Dance or use Task 29, afterall those terms werent even around a year ago really, obviousl we didnt need them back then...but i do always return to stock before loading the next Rom..

i did just rcently flash a rom without going stock first... the reprecusions? - Im have a Medium Hill Splash screen yet im running NRG Roms.. but because i didnt go stock first, i was left with that from the previous ROM.. rare accourance, but it can happen..
Old 10-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

this happened to me on Verizon. I'd recommend checking your internet connection settings and if u call customer support they can make sure they are correct. Also running shaggy's suspend resume #777 could help, as that has been the culprit for me in the past
Attached Files
File Type: cab Shaggy's SuspendResume777.cab (1.6 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by kern417; 10-11-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

rickthecabbie is just getting started

Task 29 it and reflash with Mighty Rom.
After that there should be no problem.
Don't be bugged, just be patient when you start her up
and she should work fine for you.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
this happened to me on Verizon. I'd recommend checking your internet connection settings and if u call customer support they can make sure they are correct. Also running shaggy's suspend resume #777 could help, as that has been the culprit for me in the past
That one is pretty useless to what he's doing. It's more of a highly specific fix than enhancement or provisioning aid.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touchpro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Ray-O is a n00b

Dude i just went through the same thing is your carrier sprint? if so get the stock sprint rom as stated above reflash an then go to phone dial ##786# reverse logistics support will be the screen do a reset it will ask you for you scp/msl code which at thios time should be 000000 enter the numers in he system will restart it will prep for first use once you align the screen it will say no sim if your has both punch 000000
then it will go to handsfree activation then you're good it will begain provisioning.
goodluck the boost and sprint are the same carrier so it will work thwe same GOOD LUCK
Old 11-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Shouldn't a hard reset, reprovision to sprint and update profile do the trick? I would also suggest a registry cleaner to find bad entries.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

KirkandJoe is a n00b

Thanks Demon, I have the same problem. Did the hard reset but how do I update the profile? cannot find the menu/screen.

MightyROM

Thanks,
Old 12-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkandJoe View Post
Thanks Demon, I have the same problem. Did the hard reset but how do I update the profile? cannot find the menu/screen.

MightyROM

Thanks,
Install this cab:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...rofile-prl.cab

Then go to Settings click System Tab and scroll down to Update Profile.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ekua26 is a n00b
Talking Re: MightyROM- Sprint TP2 issue-No data/Internet

OMG...I have been w\o interned/data for almost 1 month now...and your suggestion just fixed my problem...after about 1 hour of trying and trying. For a lay person like me...it was not so simple. So, I used my wifi to connect to this site and dnload the cab. I then installed onto the device(cause it gave me options for device or storage crd), then I refreshed. All is well now....THANKS for the info!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2