PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

TreoGeekPro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Stop Facebook auto photo saved in HTC Sense 2.5

Any one know how to stop the photo update from facebook to the people contacts? I know that the facebook pictures stored in FBContacts inside Windows dir. But I really want to just use all my outlook picture contact instead of facebook. Any one know how to hack it? In sense 2.1, after the facebook linked your friends, a pop up will come up and you can uncheck the saved photo box. But this feature seem to be missing on 2.5

Any idea?
Old 02-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW HTC Touch Pro 2 XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

brent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Stop Facebook auto photo saved in HTC Sense 2.5

Just a BUMP, as I too would like to know this...
Old 02-17-2010, 04:03 PM
unrealreality

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I actually want to do the opposite. I want to have the phone download the facebook images like they are already, and then have them sync back to outlook. But it's not happening.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

sarcigon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealreality View Post
I actually want to do the opposite. I want to have the phone download the facebook images like they are already, and then have them sync back to outlook. But it's not happening.
Make that 2. I also want to do this, it seems like there's a little bug on sense 2.5 preventing it from updating.
When I call or receive a call from my contacts no picture id is displayed, but the photo is infact displayed on the contact list as a small tumbnail and also on the contact details.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

In Sense 2.5 goto People-All People, select a contact, click Menu-Edit contact. Click on the photo in the top right corner and a menu will pop up (Set contact photo) that lets you choose which photo to use (FB, Outlook, etc.). That should do it.

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

sarcigon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedra92 View Post
In Sense 2.5 goto People-All People, select a contact, click Menu-Edit contact. Click on the photo in the top right corner and a menu will pop up (Set contact photo) that lets you choose which photo to use (FB, Outlook, etc.). That should do it.
Nope, that doesn't do it.
I have try all that already and the photo changes on the profile and on the contact list, but when calling or receiving a call from a contact the caller id photo shows the OEM avatar (blank).
In sense 2.1 on MightyRom works fine, but on 2.5 does not.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

raptorjet22 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcigon View Post
Make that 2. I also want to do this, it seems like there's a little bug on sense 2.5 preventing it from updating.
When I call or receive a call from my contacts no picture id is displayed, but the photo is infact displayed on the contact list as a small tumbnail and also on the contact details.
Make that 3 on getting FB profile pictures to update my Gmail contact pictures through ActiveSync. As far as the contact picture on the dialer.. I've seen two different phone dialers in different ROMs. One has Facebook contact image integration, and the other has +code dialing and state ID via area code support.

Going back to the original topic.. I know this probably isn't the solution you were looking for, but wouldn't the logical answer be to log out of Facebook? Of course, you'll stop getting status updates and such.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:44 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I thought this was something you specified as you connected sync to facebook...

edit:

The little tab in the contacts screen with a person and a clock by their head has an option at the top to link profiles. Click that, then click next, and uncheck "Save Photo"

This is on sense 2.1 though so it might be different in 2.5

Last edited by chronster; 03-12-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO (Still love my TP2)

RobDFW is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorjet22 View Post
Make that 3 on getting FB profile pictures to update my Gmail contact pictures through ActiveSync. As far as the contact picture on the dialer.. I've seen two different phone dialers in different ROMs. One has Facebook contact image integration, and the other has +code dialing and state ID via area code support.

Going back to the original topic.. I know this probably isn't the solution you were looking for, but wouldn't the logical answer be to log out of Facebook? Of course, you'll stop getting status updates and such.
Make that 4! What folder do the facebook photos go to when we sync with facebook?

It would be nice to save the facebook photo to the profile permanently. Then when you sync to MyPhone or ActiveSync to gmail, all photos go too. Currently none of the facebook photos are synced.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

zachin2036 is becoming a great contributor

hey guys, slightly on and off-topic - what folder on the device are "normal" photos saved in? For example, a friend of mine MMS'd a photo of himself to me and I made it his contact photo. I want to send that photo to my wife, but when you "send contact" to someone, it doesn't give me the option to send the contact photo...

I poked through the phone's folders in Total Commander and didn't see anything...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2