PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Stop Facebook auto photo saved in HTC Sense 2.5 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110559)

TreoGeekPro 02-12-2010 09:03 PM

Stop Facebook auto photo saved in HTC Sense 2.5

Any one know how to stop the photo update from facebook to the people contacts? I know that the facebook pictures stored in FBContacts inside Windows dir. But I really want to just use all my outlook picture contact instead of facebook. Any one know how to hack it? In sense 2.1, after the facebook linked your friends, a pop up will come up and you can uncheck the saved photo box. But this feature seem to be missing on 2.5

Any idea?

brent372 02-17-2010 02:57 PM

Re: Stop Facebook auto photo saved in HTC Sense 2.5

Just a BUMP, as I too would like to know this...

unrealreality 02-17-2010 04:03 PM

I actually want to do the opposite. I want to have the phone download the facebook images like they are already, and then have them sync back to outlook. But it's not happening.

sarcigon 02-17-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unrealreality (Post 1572384)
I actually want to do the opposite. I want to have the phone download the facebook images like they are already, and then have them sync back to outlook. But it's not happening.

Make that 2. I also want to do this, it seems like there's a little bug on sense 2.5 preventing it from updating.
When I call or receive a call from my contacts no picture id is displayed, but the photo is infact displayed on the contact list as a small tumbnail and also on the contact details.

piedra92 02-17-2010 04:53 PM

In Sense 2.5 goto People-All People, select a contact, click Menu-Edit contact. Click on the photo in the top right corner and a menu will pop up (Set contact photo) that lets you choose which photo to use (FB, Outlook, etc.). That should do it.

sarcigon 02-17-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piedra92 (Post 1572506)
In Sense 2.5 goto People-All People, select a contact, click Menu-Edit contact. Click on the photo in the top right corner and a menu will pop up (Set contact photo) that lets you choose which photo to use (FB, Outlook, etc.). That should do it.

Nope, that doesn't do it.
I have try all that already and the photo changes on the profile and on the contact list, but when calling or receiving a call from a contact the caller id photo shows the OEM avatar (blank).
In sense 2.1 on MightyRom works fine, but on 2.5 does not.

raptorjet22 03-12-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcigon (Post 1572405)
Make that 2. I also want to do this, it seems like there's a little bug on sense 2.5 preventing it from updating.
When I call or receive a call from my contacts no picture id is displayed, but the photo is infact displayed on the contact list as a small tumbnail and also on the contact details.

Make that 3 on getting FB profile pictures to update my Gmail contact pictures through ActiveSync. As far as the contact picture on the dialer.. I've seen two different phone dialers in different ROMs. One has Facebook contact image integration, and the other has +code dialing and state ID via area code support.

Going back to the original topic.. I know this probably isn't the solution you were looking for, but wouldn't the logical answer be to log out of Facebook? Of course, you'll stop getting status updates and such.

chronster 03-12-2010 11:44 AM

I thought this was something you specified as you connected sync to facebook...

edit:

The little tab in the contacts screen with a person and a clock by their head has an option at the top to link profiles. Click that, then click next, and uncheck "Save Photo"

This is on sense 2.1 though so it might be different in 2.5

RobDFW 05-25-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptorjet22 (Post 1625078)
Make that 3 on getting FB profile pictures to update my Gmail contact pictures through ActiveSync. As far as the contact picture on the dialer.. I've seen two different phone dialers in different ROMs. One has Facebook contact image integration, and the other has +code dialing and state ID via area code support.

Going back to the original topic.. I know this probably isn't the solution you were looking for, but wouldn't the logical answer be to log out of Facebook? Of course, you'll stop getting status updates and such.

Make that 4! What folder do the facebook photos go to when we sync with facebook?

It would be nice to save the facebook photo to the profile permanently. Then when you sync to MyPhone or ActiveSync to gmail, all photos go too. Currently none of the facebook photos are synced.

zachin2036 07-19-2010 11:09 PM

hey guys, slightly on and off-topic - what folder on the device are "normal" photos saved in? For example, a friend of mine MMS'd a photo of himself to me and I made it his contact photo. I want to send that photo to my wife, but when you "send contact" to someone, it doesn't give me the option to send the contact photo...

I poked through the phone's folders in Total Commander and didn't see anything...