PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

OP just pit it in bootloader and flash your shipped rom.
Then if you want to unlock and flash a custom rom read up on it before you do that.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

bMwnut1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Verizon Update Killed my Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomango View Post
If you're at the bootloader and it's showing USB, all you have to do is run the .exe file
Tried running the file and nothing happens?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bMwnut1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

OP just pit it in bootloader and flash your shipped rom.
Then if you want to unlock and flash a custom rom read up on it before you do that.
I'm in bootloader, but I don't know how to flash the stock rom in that mode?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I don't know where you got the file from your first post, but download this and then flash while in bootloader.

Personal Communications Devices | Our Devices - XV6875
Old 10-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

There's also what I believe to be WM 6.1

Personal Communications Devices | Our Devices - XV6875
Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

You can't unlock the phone from bootloader mode, and unlocking the device won't accomplish anything. However, if your device is unlocked, that could be the cause of your problem. The latest MR2 update from VZW does not work with the HSPL. When you're in bootloader mode, is there a line that says something similar to "1.0-Olinex" on it? If so, you're unlocked and will need to either re-lock the phone, flash a custom rom, or you can find Mr. X's fixed stock MR2 update that will allow you to use the stock software on an unlocked device.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bMwnut1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
You can't unlock the phone from bootloader mode, and unlocking the device won't accomplish anything. However, if your device is unlocked, that could be the cause of your problem. The latest MR2 update from VZW does not work with the HSPL. When you're in bootloader mode, is there a line that says something similar to "1.0-Olinex" on it? If so, you're unlocked and will need to either re-lock the phone, flash a custom rom, or you can find Mr. X's fixed stock MR2 update that will allow you to use the stock software on an unlocked device.
Phone may have been unlocked when I bought it. On the rainbow screen the second line is "SPL-1.00.OliNex". Does that mean its unlocked?

Last edited by bMwnut1; 10-04-2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: correct mistake in line of code
Old 10-04-2010, 09:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bMwnut1 View Post
Phone may have been unlocked when I bought it. On the rainbow screen the second line is "SPL-1.00.OliNex". Does that mean its unlocked?
Yes, your phone is already unlocked, which is why it isn't booting past the first screen. You have a few options. You could just use any of a number of different custom ROMs from the CDMA Upgrades forum. Each has their own pros/cons, but tend to be more stable/up-to-date/faster than the stock rom. You could download the Mr. X fixed MR2 update. Mr. X was kind enough to fix the problem with the MR2 upgrade for those that were unlocked but still wanted to use the stock software. It's available in the upgrade forum or on MightyROM. The third option is to download the re-locker and re-lock the phone. You can get the re-locker from Olipro->Creations(&Unlockers); - RhodiumW Hard-SPL, toward the bottom of the page.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

OP, I suggest flashing one of Vin's latest. Click my Plutonium banner & you'll get there.

I would try to latest Plutonium w/ CHT2.0 for starters...

GL

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bMwnut1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
OP, I suggest flashing one of Vin's latest. Click my Plutonium banner & you'll get there.

I would try to latest Plutonium w/ CHT2.0 for starters...

GL
Thanks to all for the help. I've learned a lot tonight. My phone is unlocked, and I believe it had MR1 installed. I tried to download MR2 from Verizon and learned that it won't work on an unlocked phone. I was able to go back and flash MR1 with the phone in bootloader. It appears to have worked, and now in the process of setting it back up. I have much more to learn before I try flashing again! THANK YOU to all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2