PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro2
Carrier: MCI

phoenix-yk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question is it ringing in the other side?

in many phones (even very old ones) when the number is dialed and call button is pressed and it starts dialing when the other side's phone (the person you are dialing to) is ringing there is a change on your phone that you understand the other side's phone is ringing.
it is different with a vibrate that happens when the other side picks up the phone. (It's the time during which the other sides phone is ringing, you are listening to waiting beeps and the other side hasn't picked it up yet)
Is there any way understanding so (any message on screen, any vibrate or so) except listening to beeps?
It is really necessary here because in our country (Iran) there are many problem in network and sometimes the messages are not delivered and a missed call is necessary to help it deliver in that way u have to listen to beeps and make sure it is really ringing the there side or not and it sometimes not possible (e.g. you are at a party or meeting or so)
ooops! in got long... anyway any way for that ?
Old 09-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: is it ringing in the other side?

well on my tp2 when i make a call when its dialing out it says connecting and when its finished dialing it says connected and then proceeds to play that ringing sound. i suppose thats how u would be able to tell that its ringing on the other side. when the call scree says "connected" or whatever it means in ur language.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Other than setting your device to vibrate when the call is connected I don't think there is anything else you can do. Maybe just send a text message to the person if they don't answer.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

phoenix-yk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
well on my tp2 when i make a call when its dialing out it says connecting and when its finished dialing it says connected and then proceeds to play that ringing sound. i suppose thats how u would be able to tell that its ringing on the other side. when the call scree says "connected" or whatever it means in ur language.
this is exactly what I mean.
when I start dialing it shows "dialing..."
and when it the other sides picks up the phone it shows "connected"

but the "dialing..." part is two parts:
1- when it is trying to connect to the network and there is no sign on the other side yet (there is silence if you listen to your phone)
2- when the other side is ringing (there is waiting beeps if you listen to your phone)

both these two are shown by "dialing...". I just wanted to know if there is a way to differentiate these two and get the exact moment the ringing on the other side starts.

(I don't know if I could transfer what I mean clearly or not)
Old 09-29-2010, 04:41 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix-yk View Post

1- when it is trying to connect to the network and there is no sign on the other side yet (there is silence if you listen to your phone)
2- when the other side is ringing (there is waiting beeps if you listen to your phone)

both these two are shown by "dialing...". I just wanted to know if there is a way to differentiate these two and get the exact moment the ringing on the other side starts.

its not shown as dialing on my TP2, its shown as connected when those sounds are playing and then theres that vibration
Old 09-29-2010, 05:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

phoenix-yk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
its not shown as dialing on my TP2, its shown as connected when those sounds are playing and then theres that vibration
btw I've upgraded my rom to wm6.5 official

Last edited by phoenix-yk; 09-29-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix-yk View Post

Mine too.
After I dial a number and then push send/talk there is a pause and then just before I hear the ringing beeps the phone vibrates and it will say connected on the screen and it will continue to play the ringing beeps/tones until the person or voicemail picks up.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:01 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

phoenix-yk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Mine too.
After I dial a number and then push send/talk there is a pause and then just before I hear the ringing beeps the phone vibrates and it will say connected on the screen and it will continue to play the ringing beeps/tones until the person or voicemail picks up.
but my question was different. I just want to understand the exact moment when the other sides phone start ringing.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix-yk
Quote:

Mine too.
but my question was different. I just want to understand the exact moment when the other sides phone start ringing.
Directly after the phone vibrates and it says "connected" on the screen.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

Directly after the phone vibrates and it says "connected" on the screen.
That's it right there. In analog land a call is not connected until the other end is actually picked up. In cellular land connected means when you actually start ringing the other person's phone because cellular charges are for actual network use and that begins the moment you press the Send key. When you look at each phone call on your cellular bill, the minutes you are billed for also include however long it took for that person you called to answer. On an analog phone bill you are charged only for the time after the phone is picked up. If you call someone on an analog line and it rings for 3 minutes and you talk for one, you are billed only for a 1 minute call. On a cellular phone, you just used up 4 minutes of your monthly call time allotment because you were actually on the network for that period of time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2