PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 03:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nuffstylez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cracked Screen And LCD, Who to buy new one from?

Hi, need some help. My touch pro 2 fell last month and the outside screen cracked but it still worked good. Today, the phone fell again and the lcd inside cracked. It lights up but nothing is visible except the black from the lcd bleeding. Where is a good place to get the lcd and screen (Digitizer)? I checked ebay and saw this seller, let me know what you think or if you guys got any other places to recommend.

New Screen Digitizer For HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA Sprint US - eBay (item 320587822761 end time Oct-08-10 15:44:29 PDT) (screen)

USA NEW OEM LCD Screen HTC Touch Pro 2 Pro2 CDMA Sprint - eBay (item 230520038372 end time Oct-02-10 13:24:49 PDT) (LCD)
Old 09-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Cracked Screen And LCD, Who to buy new one from?

Just over 60$ to fix sounds like a good deal if you are handy, and sure that nothing else broke in the fall. If you have TEP you can call and say you lost your phone and pay 100$ for a replacement.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

skhan is a n00b

When I had my Palm TX, I used a service on ebay to get it replaced. It cost me around $100 to get teh cracked screen fixed. If you dont have TEP, than this might be a good way to go. I have a cracked screen on my TP2 but surprisingly the screen is working. I got TEP this time so I am just being lazy in getting it fixed since it is working.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nuffstylez is a n00b

Yeah thats the thing, I dont have TEP. I tried adding it on but they said its too late seeing that i had my phone for over a year. When I first dropped it the screen cracked but all was still well till i dropped it a second time and the LCD broke. I'm gonna try my luck in fixing it.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

skhan is a n00b

What I have heard is if you go to a sprint store, they can add TEP for you even after 30 days of the start of the contract. Try that before going with ebay.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nuffstylez is a n00b

damn, wish I knew that. i just saw a deal from someone called DR. Watson, that fixes the phone and sends it back for 79.99. 100% rep so it seems legit. I just jumped on that deal. Will keep you guy updated! Here's the link if anyone else needs it.
HTC TOUCH PRO-2 LCD & TOUCH SCREEN REPLACEMENT KIT - eBay (item 270636962936 end time Oct-18-10 09:34:16 PDT)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2