PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Overclocking made it MORE stable?! Am I crazy? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133673)

ModmyPPC 09-14-2010 12:35 PM

Re: Overclocking made it MORE stable?! Am I crazy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by one80oneday (Post 1944290)

Ive been really scared to attempt this mod because to be honest I dont understand what the settings mean (#steps, load min max, jump min max or intervals) or how I should tweak it and in what direction...

sigh..

With all the good reviews I have to give it a shot.

:pale:

And am I right in saying that You can only overclock while your plugged into a AC outlet via, usb or battery charger. Once you remove it youll get SOD and forced to HR. So you can only keep your phone in OC mode by keeping it connected or on 604MHZ.

That seems dumb...

If this is not true such as the OP mentioned in his post how do you remove your phone from the connection with a higher OC setting without having SOD?

one80oneday 09-14-2010 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ModmyPPC (Post 1944343)
Ive been really scared to attempt this mod because to be honest I dont understand what the settings mean (#steps, load min max, jump min max or intervals) or how I should tweak it and in what direction...

sigh..

With all the good reviews I have to give it a shot.

:pale:

And am I right in saying that You can only overclock while your plugged into a AC outlet via, usb or battery charger. Once you remove it youll get SOD and forced to HR. So you can only keep your phone in OC mode by keeping it connected or on 604MHZ.

That seems dumb...

Nope, works on battery. Attached readme file to explain everything...

Check out these threads for more info:

ѠѳѺ Ultimate Overclocking Guide For TP2 ѺѳѠ

*OVERCLOCK* Specific OCT V1.5 Settings

Overclock TP2 in WM?

OverClock for TP2 ~ 30/8/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Safest/Fastest Overclock Speed TP2

Discussion Group: Overclocking NRG ROM

ctiger 09-14-2010 01:22 PM

I installed the OCT 1.5 on my stock 6.5 Sprint tp2, and the OCT_run does nothing. I can get into OCT_gui, and turn OC on/off, but that won't auto start when I reset.

one80oneday 09-14-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctiger (Post 1944379)
I installed the OCT 1.5 on my stock 6.5 Sprint tp2, and the OCT_run does nothing. I can get into OCT_gui, and turn OC on/off, but that won't auto start when I reset.

You need to copy OCT_run from the programs folder and paste it into the windows>startup folder. Make sure to test safe clock speed beforehand.

fcastro 09-14-2010 01:34 PM

Thanks for the link! Sometimes things get so buried in the forum its overwhelming.

ncsportic 09-14-2010 11:30 PM

wow, im so glad i tried the OCT 1.5 mod today! my device is MUCH snappier & battery life is just as good if not better than without the overclock. hardest problem I had was configuring what numbers to put in. i know really nothing about the stuff so i did a search and the best i have found is: 748mhz, 2000ms interval, 4 steps, 100 load max, 0 load min, 50 jump max, 2 jump min.

i have no idea if my settings are even "correct" but my phone is working perfectly! not one SOD, zero freezes, great battery life..

hthomas 09-15-2010 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one80oneday (Post 1944352)

Are you guys using this in Windows Mobile 6.5x?

one80oneday 09-15-2010 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hthomas (Post 1945037)
Are you guys using this in Windows Mobile 6.5x?

Yep but remember every TP2 is different. My first TP2 could overclock and be stable at 806 and my new one only at 710. If you are having problems check out the threads for cabs.

spyder2723 09-15-2010 10:40 AM

I just wanted to post that I overclocked my phone yesterday, just 730ish, and it has made the biggest difference in the way the phone works. I am running MightyROM and I was always having slow downs opening texts or emails and over all the phone was very frustrating to use. Now it is much more responsive and battery life is a little better. So if you are on the fence overclock and enjoy.

ModmyPPC 09-15-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one80oneday (Post 1944352)

These threads will lead to information overload.

Thats why I ignored doing this. There is simply too much information and I dont really understand all of this stuff. I just want my TP2 a little faster.

If it works when you disconnect the USB cable from the charger why do you say

Quote:

Notes on overclocking
1) AT YOUR OWN RISK
2) Only works while connected to AC power
3) The "604MHz" OC frequency is a special one. Only with this frequency set, you can remove AC power without having a lockup. So: after you overclock and want to remove your USB cable, set it to 604MHz first! You'll see it go back to the default 528MHz a second after you remove the cable. That's something the device does, not my app.
4) Overclocking while on battery gives insta-hang.
5) "Apply at boot" is disabled as under- or overclock would hang at boot.
This leads me to believe that only 604MHZ is the only setting that works otherwise you risk the chance of you having to HR!

Is this not true? If not please explain how do I get the phone to OC above 604 Disconnect the charger and keep the setting without getting SOD.

Thanks