PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 04:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

eXuRo is keeping up the good workeXuRo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to eXuRo
phone freezes when screen lights off

i have noticed this problem with my phone ever since i switched back to stock rom! sometimes i just put the phone in my pocket, screen shuts off and i cannot turn it back on or reset via power button.. i have to take off the cover and pull battery.. is this normal with tp2 users? one thing is for sure.. as fun as this phone was to hack.. im gonna get on the android ship and sail far far away..
Old 09-13-2010, 04:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

eXuRo is keeping up the good workeXuRo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to eXuRo
Re: phone freezes when screen lights off

ignore my signature.. the Mr. X Rom part, not the newbie part lol
Old 09-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

do you have it overclocked? is this a sense 2.5 rom?
Old 09-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Twins Fanatic
Pocket PC: LG G3 and HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

gspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to gspitman Send a message via Yahoo to gspitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXuRo View Post
i have noticed this problem with my phone ever since i switched back to stock rom! sometimes i just put the phone in my pocket, screen shuts off and i cannot turn it back on or reset via power button.. i have to take off the cover and pull battery.. is this normal with tp2 users? one thing is for sure.. as fun as this phone was to hack.. im gonna get on the android ship and sail far far away..
This sounds like the notorious "Sleep of Death" that's been going around... maybe search for a few threads on that topic and you'll get some more insight.

I don't have the problem so there's no personal experience I can give you.

I may not have helped, but you can click "Thanks" anyway!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Try a 6.1 rom.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

The other day I was able to get it to wake up from that by flipping open the phone and taking out the stylus at the same time. It was the first time I was able to get it to wake up after the power button stopped responding.

You don't have to pop the case and do the battery thing, there's a little pinhole in the side of the phone, put a paper clip in there and it can pop a reset button. If you don't have a paper clip handy, the stylus CAN work if you push a little firmly. Or maybe drill the hole a tiny bit wider.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:51 AM
N00b

688sea is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedo View Post
You don't have to pop the case and do the battery thing, there's a little pinhole in the side of the phone, put a paper clip in there and it can pop a reset button. If you don't have a paper clip handy, the stylus CAN work if you push a little firmly. Or maybe drill the hole a tiny bit wider.
There is? On the TP2? Not on mine there isn't. I've run into the problem (sleep of death) and I can usually get it to come back to life by opening the keyboard and closing it a few times while hitting the backlight button. I have no idea what combination does it, though. Occasionally I do have to pop the back off and do a reset.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 688sea View Post
There is? On the TP2? Not on mine there isn't. I've run into the problem (sleep of death) and I can usually get it to come back to life by opening the keyboard and closing it a few times while hitting the backlight button. I have no idea what combination does it, though. Occasionally I do have to pop the back off and do a reset.
Look again, it's on the side where the memory card sits... it's red and marked as "RESET." The battery cover needs to come off.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

I dunno if it's just my custom battery cover or what, but I don't need to remove the cover to hit that reset button. There's a hole built in and I just use my stylus to punch it. It's below the volume controls in this pic:

http://imgur.com/IBly1.jpg
Old 09-20-2010, 05:26 PM
N00b

688sea is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Look again, it's on the side where the memory card sits... it's red and marked as "RESET." The battery cover needs to come off.
That's what I meant...you need to remove the battery case to get to it. He must have a custom battery case with a hole in it because it's solid plastic below my volume buttons.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
freeze