PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tahlsr is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fastest ROMs out there!

I think Blackout Rom is the fastest ROM. I just wish a chef was actively working on the windows 6.1 / Sense 2.5 combo. It's lethal for speed and functionality combined.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
sprint doesn't have the coverage that verizon does. thats a main reason. i dont know one person with sprint here in panama city, fl. They dont even have a store here cause their coverage is no good.
ya but you do realize us sprint users roam of verizons towers for no extra fee. lol so we still get same coverage you do even in your area and pay way less. just a fyi

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 08-19-2010, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
ya but you do realize us sprint users roam of verizons towers for no extra fee. lol so we still get same coverage you do even in your area and pay way less. just a fyi

ya..LMAO..That was already clearly stated in this thread.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
duh...lol. yea...i know. just like we use your towers too. doesn't change the fact that sprint phones or the prl isn't doing a good job of it here in panama city. i can be standing right next to someone with a sprint phone and they have 0 bars (barely hanging on for dear life) and i have 4 or 5. New troops get stationed here at the air force base i'm at all the time and a lot of them have sprint and within a couple weeks, they have to go to someone else. I would have gone to sprint years ago if this wasn't the case.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Most WM Sprint phones can be "forced" to roam. This may help in an area with poor Sprint coverage.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx

Quote:
which could be DECENT at best for phone calls, probably won't drop but you will be asking "can you hear me now" lol. And if you want to connect to data it will be 1x, thus slow compared to normal.

FYI im on sprint and im satisfied. It's just you probably won't have verizon quality service, but it is service none the less for a nice price cut.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:35 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

LOL @ the sprint vs verizon flaming war I started. didn't think that would happen. anyway my rom is the sprint basics rom which is based of 6.1 build 21057. its very stable and performs quite like the stock rom (tho never used it longer than 10 mins so don't really know) flash in IE also works better than the stock rom I believe. boots with 108mb ram,never rises out of the 70s and returns to 50s after use. longest I've gone without a soft reset is 50 hours would be longer if it weren't for sense 2.1 freezing. only thing I ask for is a working sense2.5 cab, the 2 I found have caused issues that require a hard reset to fix.

Last edited by eric12341; 08-24-2010 at 02:38 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:47 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
boots with 108mb ram,never rises out of the 70s and returns to 50s after use. longest I've gone without a soft reset is 50 hours would be longer if it weren't for sense 2.1 freezing. only thing I ask for is a working sense2.5 cab, the 2 I found have caused issues that require a hard reset to fix.
hold on wait.. ive seen you bragging about this rom for awhile now.. bashing 6.5 roms for all kinds of things.. namely a Memory Leak.. but your ROM boots at 108 and steadys at 55mbs roughly after usage.. ummm wherd your 53mbs of memory go man???

and if 50 hours is all you can boast without a soft reset, thats nothing to brag about either.. dude, ive gone weeks without my devices freezing up on me... I have 3 Touch Pro 1s that I dont think ive had to soft rest in Months and all they do is tether Non-Stop and play DVDs on Coreplayer..

My TouchPro2 - gets soft reset on the rare occassion I install something new.. thats about it.. like i said ive gone weeks without freezing.. on Mighty, NRG.. right now im on day 4 of medium hill and i havent had to soft reset since after Sashimi and my automated stuff ran completed.. Actually im quite impressed with this medium hill ROM-not bad for a chef i just decided to try randomly out of boredom..
Old 08-24-2010, 03:02 AM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

vin 8/5 no-cookie plus overclock.

also, just to chime in on the sprint/vzw thing.

sprint is just sprint+verizon for a cheaper rate. it's the best thing since sliced bread. been traveling all across the western part of the country roamin all over vzw and whoever...5 bars everywhere. my friend with ATT and t-mobile can't even get a GPRS signal 95% of the time. free roaming ftw.

needless to say sprint has one more new happy customer after this trip.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoney4u View Post
Xda did a miracle again with unlocking the dreaded msm7xxx cpu clock frequency. Give it up to the devs over there. I have tried almost all the roms here and found out MaxSence is junk and slow. And mightyrom is very well done and fast. I recently switched to M.X rom and noticed it rivals and surpasses mightyroms rom by a slight margin. So i have been running it for the last week and love it. I also overclocked my tp2 to 768mhz. And its the most noticable tweak out there.
the latest maxsense rom the 7-25 whatever isnt slow on my phone at all in fact its the only rom i have ever used that has given me 4 days without a soft reset. i love energy roms too but this one is definitely a keeper. i might also add that i am overclocked to 768. im sure that has something to do with it as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2