PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 06:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Borg561 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro 2....Trying to use as modem

So, I lost my TP2 and just got my insurance replacement from Asurion. On my old TP2 I had no problem getting tethering to work (I vaguely remember going in to the Wifi "Network Adapters" settings). On the replacement, the "Network Selection" box in ICS always shows NONE. I noticed that the replacement didn't come with a SIM card, could this be the problem? It also seems to have a newer version of Sense (2.5.20132227.0) than the old phone, but I doubt that's the issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Yup, needed the SIM card. The replacement phone from Asurion didn't come with a SIM card. When I called VZW to activate my phone yeasterday, they said to call Asurion to get the SIM card. Called Asurion, they said they don't have the cards, call VZW. Called VZW, talked to someone in Global Support, they said I could go into a store and get the SIM card, should be free. $25 later (after corporate discount) I have a SIM card, and tethering works just fine.

Justin

Last edited by Borg561; 11-09-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:10 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg561 View Post
It also seems to have a newer version of Sense (2.5.20132227.0) than the old phone, but I doubt that's the issue.

Called VZW, talked to someone in Global Support, they said I could go into a store and get the SIM card, should be free. $25 later (after corporate discount) I have a SIM card, and tethering works just fine.

Justin
1) if you look at Rom builds and such, some are upto 2017 i thought.. your 2013 version is nothing to worry about

2)you spent 25 bucks on a SIM?? what happened to free... you can get a 3pack of blanks on ebay for like 2dollars lol
Old 11-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

ive seen roms that have sense up to 2019, granted i cant tell the difference among any. at least he didnt call them and say that he was having problems tethering.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

u2rock is a n00b

I'll be traveling next week for work and I want to browse the net while I am at airport.
I've download the ICS & WModem cab on my SD card and installed on it as well. My laptop is XP with SP3. I need to download Activesync? I did however connected Tp2 with my laptop and there was an option regarding use phone as modem. I also read somewhere that I need to play with Comm folder.
I don't mind using USB cable between PC and laptop. Can someone tell me clear steps to use ICS cab with XP?
Old 11-13-2010, 01:34 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2rock View Post
I'll be traveling next week for work and I want to browse the net while I am at airport.
I've download the ICS & WModem cab on my SD card and installed on it as well. My laptop is XP with SP3. I need to download Activesync? I did however connected Tp2 with my laptop and there was an option regarding use phone as modem. I also read somewhere that I need to play with Comm folder.
I don't mind using USB cable between PC and laptop. Can someone tell me clear steps to use ICS cab with XP?

ICS should be pretty cut and dry.....

if you installed the ICS and WMODEM cab, reset after install...

then you should just have to plug in the device.. after youll get a pop-up.. said pop-up will have choices(BT or USB tether) and PC connection (Sprint, Data[if on NRG], or phone as modem).. DO NOT use phone as modem... use Sprint or Data.. then just tap connect..

**Trouble shooting**

error67 - that means you have a data issue.. try reinstalling the stealth cab and soft reset.. if still getting error 67, try the cab found in the TP1 forum stickies(so you wanna tether you TP1/2) and give it ago again after uninstalling the cabs from b4..

"Data"(PC Connection type) wont connect OR "my phone doesnt say 'Sprint' or my carrier" - you need to provision your data first... -either grab a provisioning cab for your carrier(google "[carrier name] provision cab ppcgeeks").. if on Sprint(sorry forgot to look at your details) you can just goto settings>system>update profile.. after, soft rest, and you should be all good...

if you have other issues feel free to PM me, im always trying to help fellow tether-ers...

Lastly if all else fails and your lappy has wifi(most do), just simply use WifiRouter app (aka Tom Codon WifiRouter)... this app requires NO funky installs or tweaks to get running..

ive decided to attach any files i mentioned also..
-cab 1 is just incase your running a custom Rom that doesnt have update profile in settings>system.. this cab will add it for you.. soft reset.. update profile and all should be well..

-cab 2 is the "other tethering" cab i mentioned in the TP1 forums... ive been using this cab for 3+ yrs now without issue... its even a thread/stickie by me that its found in(not that it cant be found other places lol)

idk...any more question to my respondant or others, feel free to PM
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint Update Profile & PRL.cab (543.8 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Tethering.zip (1.4 KB, 58 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

j902 is a n00b

i downloaded the cab on my tp2 main memory and the memory card whats next ??? please help is hard for me because im not that good on the computer or the cell phone. one guy would doit for me but he wants to charge me 100 dollars please help guys thank u.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:30 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by j902
i downloaded the cab on my tp2 main memory and the memory card whats next ??? please help is hard for me because im not that good on the computer or the cell phone. one guy would doit for me but he wants to charge me 100 dollars please help guys thank u.
If you are trying to tether read the post above yours.
Download the tethering zip file and extract the cab to your my documents folder and click on it to install. Soft reset after it is installed.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2

j902 is a n00b

thanks to every one the help whit the problem i was having whit this wi fi problem is solved now.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

radicor is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
cab 1 - stealth tethering no reg edits needed

cab 2 - free wifi router app

enjoy
Hey do these file get run on a pc synced to the TP2 and installed that way or do they get run on the TP2...
can you provide quick set of insuctions?
Thanks,
Doron
Old 12-16-2010, 03:52 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

u run them on the TP2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2