PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Only phone keypad for soft input options

When I did it, i just overwrote keybd.dll with our empty file and **soft reset**.
Then i went to \windows and deleted 0Kb keybd.dll, it automatically reappears but with the stock 16.5Kb keybd.dll on my device.
I **soft reset** again and then verify the soft keyboard is working in all of its options.
I will try to look more into it
Old 07-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That's exactly how I did it, but your different file size concerns me. Could someone double check your softkb.dll file size and date? For my Sprint WM 6.5 MR2, Total Commander shows it to be 16.3 kb dated 01/07/10.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

Try going to start > settings > personal > input > select 'keyboard' and then try to reply to a text message, you should see the default microscopic windows keyboard.

soft reset and go back to the input settings and select 'touch input' and try again

hope this works for you...
Old 07-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No luck there either. The same two options are all that are available there too. See attached screen shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Input Settings.jpg (38.4 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
No luck there either. The same two options are all that are available there too. See attached screen shot.
hmmm, ill toy around with some more ideas, if i think of something i will let you know
Old 07-14-2010, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work

I was doin some more digging and found the file HTCSipSrvc.dll in \windows. I set my soft keyboard to phone keypad, then i overwrote HTCSipSrvc.dll with an empty file of the same name. After I softreset, the phone keypad was my only available soft input, there were no others and no way to change it, at least not from outlook messaging. That leads me to believe that HTCSipSrvc.dll def could have something to do with your problem. After I deleted the empty HTCSipSrvc.dll(the original automatically reappears) and softreset, i had full functionality of all the soft keyboards. So basically, do wut you did before, this time with HTCSipSrvc.dll instead of softkb.dll.

I would uninstall Swype first and softreset
Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Kevin, I really appreciate your effort on this, and I really thought you had found it with HTCSipSrvc.dll, but that didn't work either, with or without Swype.

One odd thing was that it didn't ask if I wanted to overwrite the original with my 0 byte version. Why would that be, and could that be the problem?

My HTCSipSrvc.dll is 93.1 kb and dated 01/17/10.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I never get the overwrite warning either, but after overwriting the file with an empty one, it def breaks the soft keyboard. So i figured it might fix it when the original file is reloaded from ROM, but i guess not. Like I said before, I had the same problem with the soft keyboard being stuck on phone keypad while running 6.5 and could not fix. I found 6.1 to be more stable.
Other than a hard reset, Im outta ides bro
Old 07-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks for your help, Kevin. =D> Hopefully someone else will chime in with a definitive answer.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Sorry for the bump, but I'm still looking for the solution.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2