PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 10:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

cmptekinc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Lost my Tp2 :( Need advice

Guys, I think we are missing a very important point here.... Craigslist doesn't guarantee anything. For all I know he could be buying a dead phone or a stolen one or a broken one. Wouldn't it make sense to at least buy it Ebay with Paypal, so that he would have at least some sort of a guarantee that the phone works. At least this way the buyer can also see the seller`s reviews to find out if seller is reputable or not. Not sure what the insurance policy is like down there (if you have the insurance), but with Sprint here in US, it would cost me a $100 to replace a lost or stolen phone.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:42 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

find a TP1 on craigslist, and take it to a repair shop, and theyll swap out the TP1 for a TP2 usually... probably only cost you $100 instead of $185..assuming you have insurance...

wait a minute, do you not have insurance?? otherwise call asurion and have it replaced for $100 flat out..

if you dont have insurance, i bet your wishing you paid $7 bucks a month now lol
Old 06-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

I'm back in the US now, came back the day before.

I don't have insurance, not really sure that I want to have one when it would've cost me $7 a month + $100 to replace a new phone.

The dude on craigslist claims he works for Sprint. I will meet him at a sprint shop and get the phone transferred to my number before I pay him the money. That way I can be safe and be sure everything works...
Old 06-30-2010, 10:52 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

7x12=84+100= 184... still wouldve saved a dollar, even if you wouldve paid insurance for a whole year previously wihtout a claim....

insurance by far is a must.... what if you drop your NEW TP2 a few days after you just get this craigslist one... u ready to pay another 185 for it again??

ive had insurance for 10yrs, just hit my anniversary date.. and its worth every penny..

put it this way, if it werent illegal, would you own a car without insurance?? no, because you care about it and dont wanna pay full price to fix it... same with a phone IMO..
Old 06-30-2010, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

sexipink is a n00b

Imo $7 a month for insurance is well worth it, especially since new phones cost about $500 now a days. Not to mention at least you know you would be getting a new phone opposed to a used one (that may not work or have other issues) from ebay or craigslist for about the same price... Anyways good luck with the your phone purchase
Old 07-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I found another guy who said he would sell me his phone for $125 - used for 3 months. Not too shabby, how do I check to see if the phone is refurb or not? #774#?
Old 07-01-2010, 02:55 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

make sure you ask for the phone's condition when buying from an individual. most people will tell you outright the truth about their phone...and some bastards out ther are just out to scam you.

you do a ##786# and look at "Refurbishment Date" about 3/4 of the way down.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the tip Mojary, I'll be sure to check it properly before I take the plunge...
Old 07-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Sweet, got my phone guys! It's not a refurbished model. Looks good, it has a ding here and there which the guy "forgot" to mention when I asked if there were any scratches but that's ok. At $125 I wouldn't complain. It runs all smooth, I might get insurance to cover it this time around just to be safe. Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate your replies.
PPCGeeks is the best!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2