PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any way to use T-mobile AND Sprint on the same TP2 at the same time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
One method of re-routing phone calls is through T-mobile's Call-Forwarding. When I had T-Mo, it was free to call forward some 500 minutes/month.
okay i got another solution there is a program called chetstriker and you can basically program your phone to do things through sms. Now lets say you have installed chetsriker on your wm phone. Now send your phone the text command "to bounce sms off phone to someone else" . So lets say your on your sprint side and your tmobile side is off right now well whenever your tmobile side gets a text even though its not on it will bounce over to your sprint side. Therefore you can recieve the tmobile texts by bouncing them to your sprint texts, i would recommend unlimited texts on both services though. But also set it up the opposite way so when your on your tmobile side you can get the bounces from your sprint number to your tmobile number. At least youll know when to switch over manually if you want to text someone from tmobile to tmobile and sprint to sprint ect. Also maybe put a "T" next to your contacts that have tmobile and a "S" for those with sprint so you know for sure where to switch over to for the unlimited texting services. IDK might be some work involved but hey it just might work goodluck.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

youll only have to text yourself the code once(but install chetstriker first)for each side to set it up, and then to take it off youll just have to uninstall the program. Once the program is uninstalled, then if you wanted to reinstall it youll have to text the commands again one time.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Here is a little something from XDA Site ------>http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=3977534&postcount=1<--------- Just copy and paste to your browser dont copy the arrows though
Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2
Carrier: sprintless

touch-this-pro is just getting started

this is very interesting.

I have exactly the same situation.
can somebody help me out on how to SIM unlock so i can use my t-mobile SIM?
thanks
Old 06-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch-this-pro View Post
this is very interesting.

I have exactly the same situation.
can somebody help me out on how to SIM unlock so i can use my t-mobile SIM?
thanks
you purchase the sim unlock from here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...26&postcount=1, then flash the special radio to allow you to use tmobile. kind of hard to follow if you've never done something like this, i'll walk you through if needed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rcintorino is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rcintorino

I think this would be a problem. currently the t-mobile phone is one of the most basic of nokia phones. so if I understand chetstriker right, it won't work . Doesn't it require the phone to be on recieving texts so the chetstriker program can interpret the sms command and send out another sms? so wouldn't that not work if the t-mobile side was off? and visa versa?
Old 06-18-2010, 08:56 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
you purchase the sim unlock from here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...26&postcount=1, then flash the special radio to allow you to use tmobile. kind of hard to follow if you've never done something like this, i'll walk you through if needed.
How about Sprint to ATT?
Old 06-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

it can be done, but from what i've been told, att locks their sim to their phone for 40-60 days before you can switch it to another phone. if you have an old, active sim card, it should work. most people choose t-mobile because you can just pop their sim card right in .
Old 06-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

So did that chetstriker play out succsessfully????
Old 06-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rcintorino is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rcintorino

I don't think chetstriker will work. if the t-mobile side is off, how is the text going to get bounced to my sprint side? there's nothing to recieve it and send it back out. unless I turn the t-mobile side one.

right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2