PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6875 Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eddiecanuck is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Touch Pro2 MR2 Update includes Sense 2.5

Verizon put out the MR2 upgrade for the Touch Pro2 today on the PCD site. I downloaded and flashed from stock MR1 to the MR2 and now it won't boot past the htc logo (now green letters on white back). It displays the version numbers in the bottom left in red, but then it just sits there. I've waited for over 30 min. So I started up in bootloader and ran the update again but no change.
Going to try going back to MR1. Anyone else try the MR2 update yet? Successful?

Last edited by eddiecanuck; 06-17-2010 at 12:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

what exactly is mr1 and mr2
Old 06-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Re: Verizon Touch Pro2 MR2 Update

The are manufacturer ROM updates to the original ROM that was put on the device when first launched. It's Verizon's way to update versions of their programs, update the device OS or interface, update the radio firmware, etc. When you install the update it replaces the ROM currently on the device (including all data).
That's the basic gist of it.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:36 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

mr stands for maintnence release. usually not a huge overhaul. sometimes a new version of sense. usually a few optimizations. they used to say a mr came right before a big update to ptrepare the device, but this isnt the case anymore. tp1 recieved a mr right before it was supposedly going to get a 6.5 update that never came!

Old 06-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

So I can flash back to MR1 and it boots up fine. But I try going to MR2 and it just hangs at the logo screen. Maybe a stupid question, but is it maybe not working because it's an unlocked phone? Or is it maybe a bad update? Can't find anyone else who's tried the update, doesn't seem to be much interest in it. I guess with all the custom stuff out there the stocks ones aren't very interesting.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:42 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

im sure theres not much interest in in. also, this site has a lot of sprint users, instead of verizon. is there a site like sprintusers.com for verizon?
Old 06-16-2010, 03:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

barfly is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiecanuck View Post
So I can flash back to MR1 and it boots up fine. But I try going to MR2 and it just hangs at the logo screen. Maybe a stupid question, but is it maybe not working because it's an unlocked phone? Or is it maybe a bad update? Can't find anyone else who's tried the update, doesn't seem to be much interest in it. I guess with all the custom stuff out there the stocks ones aren't very interesting.
I am on VZ TP2 and I have downloaded the file and when I have time (most likely this weekend) will load and give it a try. Currently rockin latest MightyRom SE. I'm wondering if maybe your zip or file is corrupted? Have you tried to d/l again?

For reference, I show the following md5sum's:
73ebc36f7f146e78ecc5f0f959915922 *XV6875 MR2 Upgrade.zip
27504b108d51b971504305bcc9c07ad5 *RUU_Rhodium_W_S2_VERIZON_WWE_4.01.605.15_RS_2.35. 00WV_NV_VZW_2.08_0105_PRL58005_Ship.exe

Wish you good luck if you try again!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chachy7777777 is just getting started

When I tried the MR2 on my unlocked TP2, my phone also got stuck on the HTC boot screen.

I flashed back to MR1, relocked the phone, and ran the MR2 update again. Now it works.

Therefore, I would suggest relocking your phone before running the MR2 update.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachy7777777 View Post
When I tried the MR2 on my unlocked TP2, my phone also got stuck on the HTC boot screen.

I flashed back to MR1, relocked the phone, and ran the MR2 update again. Now it works.

Therefore, I would suggest relocking your phone before running the MR2 update.
would you mind posting up the Sense build version on the MR2 upgrade? TIA!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Kind of what I thought. Was hoping to not have to do that. Do I need to pay to unlock it again if I do re-lock? I guess if I decide to stay stock it doesn't matter. But I do like to play with the custom ROMs from time to time when I find one that looks cool.

Last edited by eddiecanuck; 06-16-2010 at 04:11 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2