PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

savir90 is keeping up the good worksavir90 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: slower internet speeds..evo to blame?

no the limit is not the same...sprint has real unlimited, "back then" they had a 5g cap but not anymore...as in I use about 15gb a month on my tp2 tethering cuz i have no ISP....called sprint and apparently they're cool with it...as in UNLIMITED!!...no 5g cap...sprint, FTW

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...40#post1677640
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:29 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by augozageek View Post
hahaha this is exactly what i posted the other day. and nobody said shit. i think its kinda true, i use a lot of roms, and i noticed the really slow internet ones, never have the 3g icon on the top task bar. so i decided to use the very first rom i ever used... Mr. x. now i have the 3g icon on the task bar and the net is a least 3 times faster then a lot of roms i've used LATELY(past month)
that 3g icon is just that, A STUPID ICON. you could make it the energizer bunny and it wouldn't do anything to your connection.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by savir90 View Post
no the limit is not the same...sprint has real unlimited, "back then" they had a 5g cap but not anymore...as in I use about 15gb a month on my tp2 tethering cuz i have no ISP....called sprint and apparently they're cool with it...as in UNLIMITED!!...no 5g cap...sprint, FTW
Believe me, if you abuse it enough Sprint will think nothing of cutting you off (they won't make any apologies for doing it either). Hell, Sprint has cut people off for calling customer service too many times.

Verizon will tell you the exact same thing if you call and ask. We have a corporate VZ account where I work (the corporate deal they cut was awesome & the service is MUCH better than when we had Sprint on 76 phones).

We have had employees of ours go way over 5 gigs plenty of times (I know, I handle the account) & it has never caused any problems.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 06-09-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by augozageek View Post
now i have the 3g icon on the task bar and the net is a least 3 times faster then a lot of roms i've used LATELY(past month)
LOL, and you think it's faster because of the icon???

Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning.......

John
Old 06-09-2010, 07:49 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

John
that makes 2 of us!!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

DeMiNe0 is just getting started

Strange. My TP2 is running the same as it always has. My Evo however.... is running at BLAZING speeds!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Unknown

Demonis is a n00b

Seems more likely that school is out, and more kids are using the network than usual during the day.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work
Talking Re: slower internet speeds..evo to blame?

How funny, I've been noticing some serious performance issues as of lately.
I've barely been online, though I did notice a minor speed differential. It's my calls that's been seriously plaguing me.

Non-stop dropped calls. Like really, I feel as if we've got the iPhone on our network all of a sudden.
Last night while I was on the phone it dropped me twice in the span of 30 minutes. Not only that, my phone keeps randomly going into roaming here and there.

-

On the 3G icon making the phone faster. (lol)
I'm sure if you painted flames on your Touch Pro 2 and made your wallpaper a picture of a Bugatti you'd see massive performance increases.

I could only imagine what would happen if you remade your 3G icon into a 4G. 10x faster internet on the spot.
Pfft, why hasn't AT&T thought of this? The logic is foolproof.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Been using My tp2 to stream music everyday while at work (8 hours per day) pandora, youtube, slacker, nanogroove, wunder radio, kinoma. Then on the drive home of course. Then using it for hours at home to check out stuff I can't see at work.
I hardly even make calls and those are also unlimited (except for 1500 minutes per month to land lines... who has landlines anymore)
No overages no cut off. SPRINT TRULLY FTW!!
I love it.
p.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

cge10 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

John
lol yeah that is funny, the icon doesn't make ur tp2 magically faster...... However it does show u that ur tp2 is using magic not just 1X ! BTW i dont think he though it was the icon either

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2