PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it possible to speed up loading of HTC Task Manager?

Everytime i soft reset or turn off my TP2, it takes forever for HTC task manager to start up and it really slows down the phone. Is there anyway to speed up the starting of the task manager so that it at least starts before Manila finishes loading instead of way after? (I'm on the 5/24 MightyRom Official)

Thanks for any help
Old 06-01-2010, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sl8763 is keeping up the good worksl8763 is keeping up the good work
Re: Is it possible to speed up loading of HTC Task Manager?

I've noticed this on my TP2 as well (stock Sprint 6.5). Whenever I soft reset, Sense and CHT will load, but then it takes another minute or so for the Task Manager icon to appear and for the phone to be fully ready to use.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunebuggydude11 View Post
Everytime i soft reset or turn off my TP2, it takes forever for HTC task manager to start up and it really slows down the phone. Is there anyway to speed up the starting of the task manager so that it at least starts before Manila finishes loading instead of way after? (I'm on the 5/24 MightyRom Official)

Thanks for any help
You can't really wait the 2 minutes? from reboot for it to start? thats how long mine takes from the phone being off to everything running.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:35 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

use a different task manager then..
Old 06-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
You can't really wait the 2 minutes? from reboot for it to start? thats how long mine takes from the phone being off to everything running.
I'm not necessarily complaining about the time it takes. I was just wondering if anyone had a way of speeding up the process maybe through a reg edit or something.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sl8763 is keeping up the good worksl8763 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I'm not necessarily complaining about the time it takes. I was just wondering if anyone had a way of speeding up the process maybe through a reg edit or something.
Agreed.

Anyone know of any task managers that load at the same time as Sense?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
lol reread your own post that exactly what you where complaining about, is how long it takes to boot up.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
lol reread your own post that exactly what you where complaining about, is how long it takes to boot up.
did you really need to post that? If you can help, then i am open to any suggestions, but otherwise please try to keep from posting useless comments about what i am asking as they don't help anyone

thx
Old 06-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
did you really need to post that? If you can help, then i am open to any suggestions, but otherwise please try to keep from posting useless comments about what i am asking as they don't help anyone

thx
OK, if you want it to boot up faster, turn off Sense, otherwise nope not without installing another task manager and even than it's still a crap shoot the other task manager will boot any faster.

You have to remember this is a computer, Yes it's a phone too but just like your computer sitting on your desk the more things you load and the more you have run at boot the longer it is going to take for everything to become available, there is no magical cab or tweak beside's disabling other thing on boot for it to come any faster.

so again I ask is 2 minutes really that long to wait?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor

I thought dunebuggydude11 asked a perfectly reasonable question. Not quite sure why he's getting flamed for it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2