PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 04:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 3vo3d
Carrier: boostmobile

suga_d is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation cant send mms(StepbyStepHelp)

ok im probably going to be the slowest newbee ever. i have i touch pro 2 on boostmobile. everything runs fine expect sending mms(i can recieve but cant send) i had someone flash it from outta town and he says he doesnt know why that is. i searched alot of post and found out some things but not to tha problem i have or type of specs i have. im goin to tell you everything i know about my setup.

1 sprint tp2 wm6.1 on boost but it has a sim card(its a sprint sim card)
2 calld boost and they said im on tha blackberry plan or that i have a
a blackberry plan or a blackberry and they cant trouble shoot.

ive seen the boostmmsfix, and the arcsoftmms5.2.6. cabs but i dont know where to save it on my phone or will it work. step by step instructs is hard to find. plz help.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:00 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u
Re: cant send mms(StepbyStepHelp)

If you have seen the cabs download them and then install them to your device. I know there a few Boost Mobile users around and hopefully they will chime in soon. I believe there was one in the XpressDusk Rom thread that was able to get it working.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

suga_d is a n00b

thanks for responding. i appreciate you being my first help. ok now where do i save it to my phone? is there a specific folder i save it in?
Old 05-28-2010, 05:29 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u

Are you downloading the cab file directly to your phone or to a pc then copying over to the phone?

Copying the cab file itself to the SD card or Device/internal storage does not matter if you are going to stay on that rom.

When you click on the cab file, where ever you copied it to, it will ask where to install and select device and you should be good to go.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by suga_d View Post
thanks for responding. i appreciate you being my first help. ok now where do i save it to my phone? is there a specific folder i save it in?
you can save them to your phones memory like the My documents folder or to the storage card, it really does not matter ether way. after you have them moved over to your phone use file explorer to go where you have them stored. just click on the cab file and it will start to run, if it asks to install to device or Memory card, choice device. soft reset after they are done installing.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:30 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

suga_d is a n00b

wow!!! thanks to both you guys. glad to see a site that really helps people. and good to see the experienced guys helping the newbee. im here to stay.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Keep in mind, if you save the cab files to your device and you flash another ROM, you will lose them. To be safe, I would recommend saving the cab files to the SD card if you've got on in, that way if you flash again or have to hard reset, you still have the cabs to reload.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2