PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 12:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Check my math: Cost to move from a TP2 to an Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoski View Post
yeah until the next phone comes out.....than what?
dual scorpion core processing snapdragon chipsets, in the 'standardized' 4.3 inch displays benefiting from AMOLED screens using only the finest organic dyes to display with great vibrancy, and its in 3D.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
dual scorpion core processing snapdragon chipsets, in the 'standardized' 4.3 inch displays benefiting from AMOLED screens using only the finest organic dyes to display with great vibrancy, and its in 3D.
This is just around the corner and what i'm waiting for.. screw the evo.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
point taken, but i was answering you specifically.

i made my comment about the topic clear

if you cant afford it - you dont need it
I can afford it but I can also see through the ruse. I don't even talk on my phone yet I have to have an Everything plan with at least 450 minutes a month to get an EVO? When I check my plan with Sprint's own tool, it says I'm already on the plan that fits my needs yet they don't offer an equivalent plan today. This is my reward for being a customer for 10 years. It's ridiculous.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Threadstarter

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to pringlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmast View Post

Previous Plan:SERO 1250:
Cost per Mo. $50
Ins&Tep: $7
Surcharges: $5.54
Tax: $3.99
4G Access: $0
CorpDiscount:0%
Tot. Per Mo.: $66.53
24 Months: $1596.72

Proposed Plan Req. For Evo:
Everything Data 450:
Cost per Mo. $69.99
Ins&Tep: $7
Surcharges: $5.54
Tax: $5.60
4G Access: $10
CorpDiscount: 23%
Tot. Per Mo.: $80.53
24 Months: $1932.72

Cost to keep the TP2 for 2 years: $1596.72
Cost to own the new evo (including phone): $1947.72
$1932.72 + $15.00 (189.99[Evo]-175[TP2 sale])

$351 - Cost to own Evo for 2 years.

It's been a long day, sprint site is down so I can't check surcharge differences, whether discount is applied before or after taxes, etc. I know it doesn't apply to TEP and also that your 2.00 surcharge figure will definitely increase for the ED450.
Thanks for crunching the numbers. Makes it look like the difference may not be too big depending on what plan you're coming from, but unfortunately there's not too many options for plans to migrate to. I also need to check on what the corp. discount applies to. Just the base plan or also to the 4G access?

pt
Old 05-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Not true. The lack of power or any displacement whatsoever in the A18 motor is disappointing, and the VTEC and DOHC hurt it for FI. People have been trying to turbo them since the motor came out and they still can't keep up with most of the quicker cars on the road. It's not as nice as the older Civic motors without VTEC, where you can boost the piss out of it comfortably and walk a WRX. Either way, the 2009+ WRX's are much much faster than the old ones. The old ones would run high 14's in the 1/4. I took mine to the track after I hit 1000 miles and I ran 13.6 pretty easily and I have no idea how to launch AWD. I saw a video somewhere where some professionals got 13.3 out of it, bone stock, and that's impressive. The old WRX had ~220 HP, not sure on TQ, but the new ones are 265HP and 244TQ I believe, and from the stock dynos I've seen, those numbers are underrated by Subaru. A stage 2 09 WRX can walk a stage 2 07 STI, haha.

I still miss my '05 Mustang GT though. I spent like $600 on mods on that car and was running 12.7 @ 107 lol
LOL@Car talk...

...okay, try this: construct an air box with an in & out line & insert it between your air channel. Mount it securely. Construct a smaller box around the top half of a large heatsink (heat exchanger) with fins on both sides, so one set of fins are sticking out of the smaller box and the other fins are within the smaller box. Size a hole in the air box to receive the exposed fins, seal around sides well. Add nice chunk of dry-ice on top of fins in smaller box.

Result: Super cooled air ... BIG bangz!!

Works on *any* motor!!

Old 05-25-2010, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2>Epic4g>?
Carrier: sprint

rastarob619 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
having a phone that doesn't run sluggishly, on a smaller screen yet a bulkier phone with an outdated, inferior OS is easily worth $500 a year to me.

well said
Old 05-25-2010, 01:23 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
here is one to live by - "if you cant afford it, you dont need it"
Or you can just live by this:

"If you can't afford it, sell the shit you don't need so you can."

Old 05-25-2010, 01:25 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

it's a good thing all the SERO users saved their money by using a SERO plan, now they can use that money they put into savings to pay for their new EVO 4G

Old 05-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
If cost was such a big issue, I'd still be driving my Honda Civic. My 2009 WRX costs me almost $200 more per month (higher insurance included) than my Civic did, but do I think it's money well spent? Hell yes it is.
I love the car talk guys. I like to see guys that are as interested in cars as they are their phones. And of course, I love Hondas and WRXs/STIs are BA hahaha

I have a 96 Accord coupe pretty much stock, so I can't really join convo. All thats done to it is catback, cold air intake, and lowered. Wish I had money, I'd boost the piss out of my f22 non vtec engine

Back on topic, if I was on Sprint, I'd be getting EVO. As I'm not on Sprint, I just ordered the Incredible

Don't click me
Old 05-25-2010, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Threadstarter

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to pringlet

Yeah, I like the car discussion that's going on also.

I just plumbed in a 3 port solinoid on my wastegate line to move from a bleed setup. is it a good idea or too much of a risk? The boost seems to be much more steady and more consistent now. I haven't really cranked it up yet I've got a WRX with a TurboXS utech...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2