PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   sprint touch pro 2 on boost (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121277)

cnilss 10-21-2010 11:46 PM

Re: sprint touch pro 2 on boost

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk money (Post 1977510)
PM me and I will give you the number I found to activate my latest phone(if you have not already had success). It was a simple process. I talked to one person approximately 11pm est.... no problem. Told the CR it was a Boost phone "krzr" he laughed, gave the info to make the edits, retired my touch pro.

What was the number that you used?

isaacv375 10-30-2010 01:07 AM

Hey how can i make my pro touch 2 on boost mobile to tether and also what i app i can use for turnit to a hotspot. thanks in advance

horndoctor 10-30-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isaacv375 (Post 1984281)
Hey how can i make my pro touch 2 on boost mobile to tether and also what i app i can use for turnit to a hotspot. thanks in advance

;) Here you go:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...haring-vga.cab

isaacv375 11-01-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1984300)

I have installed the cab you provided. but CANT find the program anywhere. Im using mighty rom on my htc pro touch2 sprint but with boostmobile. thanks

masetas 11-01-2010 04:00 PM

Isaacv375 mighty rom has it already installed. Just go to settings> Connections

isaacv375 11-01-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cody_cummins (Post 1977562)
I currently have a sprint tp2 on my Boost mobile account working fully, here are the steps to get this done, First buy a boost mobile CDMA phone, its the ones with out walkie talkie, activate your new phone and then buy your touch pro 2, Call in and tell them your phone broke and you want to use a new one, they will ask you for the new esn number which is in the back under the battery, if they ask you what kind of phone it is you can either lie about it and say its a samsung rant or some other boost cdma phone, in my case i told them it was a sprint touch pro 2 and i was only using it until i could replace my broken boost phone, and they let me go with it, after you get the phone activated on boost mobile side of things, turn your phone on and it will usually program itself, after that to get mms working simply download the arcsoft cab at the bottom of this post, after that soft reset the device and then when ti reboots click on start and then text, at the bottom hit menu then Pics/ Video Options then at the bottom click on CDMA Servers, Then in the middle of the screen hit new, Where it says server name put in whatever you want it to be called, leave the gateway blank, put the port number to 80 amd put the server address to http://mm.myboostmobile.com Where it says connect via make sure it is set to sprint and then set your send limit to 300k after that hit done, now you should see your new connection on the CDMA servers tab, select the new connection and then hit set as default and that should enable your mms to work both ways!! Then do a soft reset and try using your new sprint tp2 on Boost. Just for refrence here is my story, i had a boost iden phone which is the walkie talkie phone, had it for a few months then got a cdma phone, had it for a few weeks bought my sprint tp2 brand new, from someone i knew, it was jsut a regular tp2 no hacks, no flashed anything just a completely stock phone, called up boost activated it, turned my phone on it programed its self then set up my mms and i was good to go!! My phone gets great service and im out in the country, I can tether with it and even have an app to make it a wifi hotspot. If you got any questions let me know and ill help best i can!! Heres your guide so follow it :)

Hey could you help me to make mine tether and be able to wifi hotspot ??? Im a newbie but willing to learn ...

masetas 11-01-2010 04:09 PM

i guess cody_cummins didnt noticed that i already had made the Guide for getting the Tp2 on boost. its actually called Guide for tp2 on boost and its on here ppcgeeks.

isaac you say your a newbie but willing to learn but your not reading the post above yours. If your running Mighty Rom then to tether and be able to wifi hotspot its already installed in the rom. GO TO SETTINGS THEN CONNECTION LOOK THERE NOT THAT HARD!!!!

horndoctor 11-01-2010 06:54 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by isaacv375
Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1984300)

I have installed the cab you provided. but CANT find the program anywhere. Im using mighty rom on my htc pro touch2 sprint but with boostmobile. thanks

Did you look in CommManager or in all programs?

isaacv375 11-02-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masetas (Post 1985593)
i guess cody_cummins didnt noticed that i already had made the Guide for getting the Tp2 on boost. its actually called Guide for tp2 on boost and its on here ppcgeeks.

isaac you say your a newbie but willing to learn but your not reading the post above yours. If your running Mighty Rom then to tether and be able to wifi hotspot its already installed in the rom. GO TO SETTINGS THEN CONNECTION LOOK THERE NOT THAT HARD!!!!

You were right, somehow i didnt see your post above mine. This is a new phone for me plus a new rom so i didnt find that application. But thanks to you guys i got it .

isaacv375 11-02-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1985757)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Did you look in CommManager or in all programs?

I found it . and its working . Thanks for your help !!