PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Purpleish spot on blank white screen?

Oh my god...I actually resized your photo to be the size of my screen and pinpointed that your dot on the lower right quadrant is in the EXACT same spot as mine.

Something is messed up here...
Old 05-10-2010, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Damn **** that, I ain't payin shit for this they can suck it up an just gimme another new phone... I'm sure they're losing tons of money by replacing our phones here and there but c'mon now lol...

I was gonna wait it out til the EVO drop's and go in and give them the whole "this phone is a piece of shit blabla I want the EVO now thanks" lol... That worked when goin from the apache to mogul, mogul to tp1, tp1 to tp2, so maybe it'll work on the tp2 to evo =)

Old 05-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
How did you get a replacement? I went in to a Sprint store with my Touch when it had a huge dark spot in the center and they said that because it does not affect the functionality of the device, they wouldn't replace it for free (I'd have to pay $100 to Asurion).
I took mine to the Sprint repair shop in Durham. They sent for a replacement and I got it in a few days. Not sure if was a refurb or not but it looked brand new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Oh my god...I actually resized your photo to be the size of my screen and pinpointed that your dot on the lower right quadrant is in the EXACT same spot as mine.

Something is messed up here...
The speculation in the other thread was a component overheating behind the screen. Does that make sense?

Last edited by aldamon; 05-10-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:57 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

if you are talking about on the stylus setup screen at the beginning, mine had it too tonight when I had to flash back to stock because I screwed up my kitchen. it disappeared when I exited the screen and I have noticed no discolorations since, even on the htc bootup white screen.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:50 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Mine is visible on any white screen, even the bootup screen.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Same here..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2