PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium/TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

Musicmama is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sync unresolved files problem + Backlight question

Background -- Less-than-2months-old Verizon TP2 (Rhod500) on the stock 6.1 rom. I'm not brave enough to flash. Not my first PPC/smartphone, I started with an HP Jornada, graduated to an IPAQ, the XV6700 phone and now the TP2.

General questions that I can't seem to solve:
1. When syncing (ActiveSync 4.5), I just started getting an error showing 2 unresolved files. As far as I can tell, I haven't lost any files. Is there somewhere that I can look to find the list of what is/isn't being synced? When I click on the error message, it just tries to resync and repeats the error. My IPAQ used to allow me to see what files were unresolved but that doesn't seem to be happening here.

2. Since enabling internet sharing (Tom_Codon), my backlight dims but never completely goes dark. My Settings > All Settings > Power > Advanced has Battery - Turn off backlight if not used for 1 min selected but no sleep mode selected. I think that sleep mode was selected before the internet sharing was enabled, but I'm not sure. Is this so that the internet doesn't cut out? Should this change (to what?)? I already tried the soft reset/remove the battery with no difference in behavior.

Any advice will be greatfully appreciated. (My Verizon service center people know NOTHING about the TP2 - ask them about mediaphones and they're great. And it seems like nobody has asked the files question before, or my forum search just isn't working well.)
Old 05-10-2010, 05:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sync unresolved files problem + Backlight question

In regards to #2, I believe you're right.. but to turn the screen off completely, you can download a power management program (like xdaShutdown) OR, do as I have and install Rhodium Keyboard Control which allows you to, among other things, reassign a key to FULLY turn off the screen without going into standby. Long sentence, I know.

For me, the power button places the phone in standby, turns the screen off, pulls up Wireless controls, and performs a soft-reset depending on the type of press. The screen off one is for battery saving goodness.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2