PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: Windows mobile 6.5 rom upgrade, touc pro 2, and MAC Question

Yo woods, i'm gonna say it again because I don't want you to brick your phone....PLEASE read!!!! The process is simple, but if you miss a step or do something wrong you will end up with a $200 paper weight. As of now I think it would be best that you go find these threads on your own and read them the whole way through.

Last edited by burtonsnow8; 05-06-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

woods4ever is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

ok well ive been reading i can format my sd card to a FAT32 but how?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Tree Trunk Killa

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I don't own a Mac, but I believe you can use the program "disk utility" that comes with Macs to format your card. If/When you format your SD card, EVERYTHING will be erased, so make sure you have it all backed up.

Also, most likely it is already in FAT32 format, you can check via the disk utility to see if that is the case.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok burton look you got to remember Im on a mac I thought gmaine way would be a lot easier Im telling you right now its on the sd card I put the sd card in my phone and did a bootloader It was at the red and green screen for a brief moment flashed i saw loading no image file then it went back to the red blue and green screen
Old 05-06-2010, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

its a 512 MB sd card whould that work?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Tree Trunk Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by woods4ever View Post
ok burton look you got to remember Im on a mac I thought gmaine way would be a lot easier Im telling you right now its on the sd card I put the sd card in my phone and did a bootloader It was at the red and green screen for a brief moment flashed i saw loading no image file then it went back to the red blue and green screen
I understand...thats why I looked up the MAC method for formatting your SD card. Card size does not matter.

It seems like the image is not being found, what do you have it named? Is it in the very root of your SD card (meaning do not place it in any folders)? Also "RHODIMG.nbh" RHODIMG has to be capped.

If it finds the image file it will ask you to press send to install. You will see a gray screen with a loading bar. wait til it hits 100% and after the install is complete reset your phone (or remove the battery and turn it back on).

Last edited by burtonsnow8; 05-06-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i think its the card It may be too small When I try and reformat it in the mac its only given me the option FAT 16 nothing more
Old 05-06-2010, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

but the whole ROM is on the sd card so that doesn't make sense
Old 05-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Tree Trunk Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by woods4ever View Post
but the whole ROM is on the sd card so that doesn't make sense
I'm downloading gmaines file right now to see if it is what you need (so far it doesn't look like it)

Last edited by burtonsnow8; 05-06-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok thanks maybe i should try your file

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2