PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Most of US want an EVO.. but no 4G service in sight for most of OUR area????

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
3G/4G USB Modem U301 and the Overdrive from Sprint. Just because there is no phone at the moment doesn't mean there aren't any devices out there.

I can say that Best Buy sells quite a few of those two even in markets without 4G. So take for instance NY... if they had it and even no phone, Wall Street could go crazy with 4G data for their laptops

On the first part of this thread.... i think it will be out before we know it. If the phone comes out in June, we wont be waiting too long I dont think for 4G. Regardless it will be a very nice phone. And when it does hit for those who dont have it, it will be a VERY VERY nice phone.
With all due respect, I was talking specifically about the EVO & handsets of that ilk.
But your point is taken .

Since I don't know what the % for Overdrive/4g Mobile USB vs. handheld, but I can guess like 98 -2?

Having worked on WS in the resent past, mobile computing (not Mobile handset computing) isn't that much more advance than the rest of the country.

Last edited by Q_Q; 05-04-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

lovetohateme is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to lovetohateme
Re: Most of US want an EVO.. but no 4G service in sight for most of OUR area????

No 4G in Florida yet
But 4G or not, I am still getting the EVO. RIM is boring me to death, I'm sick of my Blackberry.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q View Post
With all due respect, I was talking specifically about the EVO & handsets of that ilk.
But your point is taken .

Since I don't know what the % for Overdrive/4g Mobile USB vs. handheld, but I can guess like 98 -2?

Having worked on WS in the resent past, mobile computing (not Mobile handset computing) isn't that much more advance than the rest of the country.
I dont know if you mean who uses what at a certain %, but yeah, i'm sure when those phones get released and others it will be way more than the USB and Overdrive.

In fact there may be less of those devices going out once that phone comes out. It will also have the mobile hotspot capability for 8 devices.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Pandaman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoihtah View Post
it really makes me wonder who's picking out these markets.
i'm sure there are some state/county law related reasons for this.
'cause it just doesn't make sense.

No NYC : the most densely populated area? i'd think that it's a good place to start.

No Silicon Valley (San Jose) : it's where all the computer geeks are at. If you want to sell some cutting edge stuff, here's one place where technology practically sells itself.

I just don't get it.
San Francisco will have 4G arriving sometime this year. Hopefully when Sprint says San Francisco, they mean the entire San Francisco Bay Area which will include the east bay with Oakland and the south bay with San Jose and Silicon Valley.

Also maybe Sprint is choosing these markets because they are relatively flat and one transmitter covers a larger area. Texas has a lot of flat land. In the San Francisco Bay Area, there are a lot of hills and valleys and this would require more transmitters. New York has a LOT of densely packed tall building and would also probably require more transmitters. That’s probably one reason Sprint is choosing the areas that they choose. To save money and deploy a larger area faster. We need to be patient. It will arrive!

Last edited by Pandaman; 05-04-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work

Kansas is flat and they haven't rolled it out there yet. And Sprint is even located in Overland Park

Hmmm....
Old 05-04-2010, 02:33 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetohateme View Post
No 4G in Florida yet
But 4G or not, I am still getting the EVO. RIM is boring me to death, I'm sick of my Blackberry.
Li?
Old 05-04-2010, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint sero

texasez is keeping up the good worktexasez is keeping up the good work

I live in the technological wilderness of Texas. Specifically, Lubbock Texas. We finally got EVDO in December 2009 after suffering with 1xrtt for all these years. Dial up speeds were all we got until December.
We also got 4G wimax in March. Don't ask me why we finally got on the front end instead of the south end of the north bound mule end of technology.
I am hoping the people who have 4G will be given preference when the EVO finally goes on sale. Lets us work out the bugs on 4G before you get 4G in your area. I left Sero to get the EVO.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

drlovety is a n00b

This would be an easy decision if they came out with a straight answer regarding talking and using data at the same time. The last report that I read said something about it still being in the beta phase. I don’t know if the problems are due to a phone/radio maker issue, lacking technology, or operating system. I just want to be able to talk and use data at the same time.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:20 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
No 4G in Florida yet
Some major cities in FL are scheduled to be 4G by the end of this summer. I live in Daytona so im just counting down the days.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-07-2010, 10:55 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
No 4G in Florida yet
http://phandroid.com/2010/05/05/spri...s-this-summer/

Check it out, Li. Your city is on there. Lucky bastards.

Grand Rapids is on there for me, but that's an hour north of here. Grrrr.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2