PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PolishVendetta is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Volume not controling Bluetooth

Earlier this year I purchaced a Sony HBH-IS800Z but has seen very limited use with my TP1. Recently I was able to get a TP2 through my waranty and no taking the bus to work, where these will come in handy.

The problem, after syncing last night for the first time, the headphones play at earsplitting full volume and changing the volume on the phone does nothing to effect the volume of the music playing.

I was hoping someone could tell me if there are known issues with volume control on the TP2 with Bluetooth, or Windows Media Player mobile and if theres a fix.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BacardiGuy is just getting started
Re: Volume not controling Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishVendetta View Post
Earlier this year I purchaced a Sony HBH-IS800Z but has seen very limited use with my TP1. Recently I was able to get a TP2 through my waranty and no taking the bus to work, where these will come in handy.

The problem, after syncing last night for the first time, the headphones play at earsplitting full volume and changing the volume on the phone does nothing to effect the volume of the music playing.

I was hoping someone could tell me if there are known issues with volume control on the TP2 with Bluetooth, or Windows Media Player mobile and if theres a fix.
I have the same problem but with multiple bluetooth peripherals. Before anyone chimes in that the new 6.5 based ROM's solve this problem, I am running Verizon's newest 6.5 ROM. I think there is no fix until someone changes out Widcomm, the piece of junk bluetooth stack that HTC chose.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Sorry for not having a solution to your problem. I just wanted to share the fact that I use the Stock Sprint ROM and I run several bluetooth periferals on my TP2 withiut a problem. I have Moto S9's, Moto S9 HD's, Samsung WEP 200 earpiece, Samsung WEP 500 earpiece, and an Insignia NS-BT300F iPod Speaker adapter. As well as my blutooth dongle I use to transfer data to and from my computer. Not sure if your problem is with the ROM or your specific headset. (BTW I really like those Sonys)
p.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

PolishVendetta is a n00b

I'm at wrk now but im going to try a few other roms tonight. I was using Groove Rom, but got tired of how small the clock was on Titanium, so I'm back to the stock sprint rom.

I'll post my results later tonight for anyone whos interested. Are there any sugestions for a Manilla rom that is good with bluetooth? I dont do anything other then listen to music.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

dalastone is keeping up the good workdalastone is keeping up the good work

Im on a stock sprint tp2 and use a jabra bt3030 and bt8040 and both can control the music volume.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

PolishVendetta is a n00b

I have tried Energy Rom and Mr X Rom and Grove Rom, all of which I have the same issue.

Apearantly this pair of headphones has the same issue on multiple devices, namely the Iphone 3GS had lots of posts dedicated to this topic. Also found what some say is the culprit,

"-Your phone must support AVRCP, A2DP, HSP, and have Bluetooth 2.0"

Many posts i found said the bluetooth on multiple phones is lacking that. However these worked fine with my Touch Pro, and not with my Touch Pro 2.

If anyone else has any information on this topic specifically with the Sony Ericson HBH-IS800 feel free to add to this.

There is a workaround, where if you use a media player that has an equalizer setting you can turn that all the way down, however I sugest you put your phone on silent so you dont blow your ears out every time you get a call/text
Old 01-28-2010, 01:54 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Too bad those headphones don't work that look awesome, I would definitely get those if they worked with the TP2...

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

PolishVendetta is a n00b

they also sound great. I loved them for my TP1. I doubt this is possible but it would be nice if someone to take the BT stack from the TP1 and cook it into a rom.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Well, I have this problem with the stock Sprint ROM and a Motorola S9... luckily the Moto has its own volume control. I don't understand why some Sprint users seem not to have this problem. Perhaps a registry setting but if they have not hacked this? I have used the clean up script, but I think this did not work before the clean up.....
Old 03-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It all depends upon if your bluetooth headset can control the volume on the phone. It is a headset issue not phone issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
bluetooth volume, tp2