PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

69L46 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Volume not controling Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
It all depends upon if your bluetooth headset can control the volume on the phone. It is a headset issue not phone issue.
a) I think people are more frustrated that the phone volume controls do not control the volume on the BT headset (at least I am)
b) This is DEFINITELY, ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NOT a headset issue. My Altex Lansing (AKA Plantronics 9XX) Backbeats had this capability with my Samsung Ace and TP1. The problem is in the TP2.

Apparently the WIDCOMM BT stack is a giant POS. It must not be reading the capabilities of headsets correctly.

I was looking in the registry and found this key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WIDCOMM\BTConfig\Devices\<MAC>\Featu res

The value I have for this key is: ff fe 0f c6 9b ff 59 83

In binary this is 11111111111111100000111111000110100110111111111101 01100110000011

I assume that this is a bit mask for feature flag. Does anyone know if there is a BT or WIDCOMM standard for this key?

Last edited by 69L46; 03-21-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

to get rid of the stupid htc volume and go back to the WM sliders

you have to delete htcvolume from the registry
Old 06-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: SPrint

tecnho mike is a n00b

I could use some collaboration in this issue. I do not believe it is the Widcomm stack nor headset. Let me know if you phone's system/media player volume works while using a headset and we could compare settings/registry.

My TP2 used to work great with my plantronics voyager 855, The volume in both WMP and Pocket Music would work indpendently of the headset volume. That was before I did a hard reset 3 days ago. Now the system/media player volume does not affect the sound level on the headset. I think there is a setting we are missing. People are confused on this issue. I have looked at PDAphone home, XDA and this site and have not seen a fix. To be clear the TP2 never has controlled the actual headset volume BUT the phone's system volume or media player's volume has worked like an adjustable output if you will to the headset and then the heasdset can be manually adjusted. I am running straight up Sprint stock 6.1 and again it worked 1 week ago just fine.

Thanks!
lurking raisin smuggler!

Last edited by tecnho mike; 06-08-2010 at 04:23 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
bluetooth volume, tp2