PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: inexpensive screen protector that's smooth like the OEM Sprint protector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phidong View Post
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...4/product.html

I got these and they are pretty smooth. Waiting for the one that came with my phone to get scratched up a bit more before I switch out though
I HIGHLY suggest these protectors! i got mine today and they are great, crystal clear and easy to apply. they are made by ISDEN and have silicone adhesive coating. this has to be the best thing ive ever bought for 99 cents lol.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work

I use Bestskinsever skins, ever since they changed their material, it's really smooth. It takes about a day to loose that tacky feeling.
History of Phones: Sanyo 5500, Samsung VGA 1000, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8300, Samsung 970, Samsung 920, Samsung 880, Samsung Blade, Palm 700p, Palm 755p, Palm 800w, HTC Diamond, Palm Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, finally a Palm Pre!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fastmike is keeping up the good workfastmike is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
The best one I found was from AT&T's Tilt 2. It feels just like the one that came in the box. The ones I bought from ebay were cheap....and you are going to get what you pay for. They are really rubbery and hard to slide with your finger/stylus. 3 for 9.99 on AT&T's website.
Just went to the AT&T store to pick some up yesterday, fit my Sprint TP2 perfectly. 3 for $10, comes with a cloth too! Shiny semi-hard film.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500
Threadstarter

tracerit is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
I HIGHLY suggest these protectors! i got mine today and they are great, crystal clear and easy to apply. they are made by ISDEN and have silicone adhesive coating. this has to be the best thing ive ever bought for 99 cents lol.

yup, i got mine today too. pretty good for 99cents! unfortunately two pieces of lint got caught in the middle and i'm out of luck :/ i have another one but i think i'll keep that when i sell the phone. they do pick up dust and it's harder to wipe oil though compared tot he OEM protector from Sprint, but for 99 cents i can't complain
Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
yup, i got mine today too. pretty good for 99cents! unfortunately two pieces of lint got caught in the middle and i'm out of luck :/ i have another one but i think i'll keep that when i sell the phone. they do pick up dust and it's harder to wipe oil though compared tot he OEM protector from Sprint, but for 99 cents i can't complain
lol i got a piece of lint on mine too. did you leave the plastic film on front of the protector? i left mine on. and yes, for 99 cents, you can afford to screw one up and not be too pissed about it.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:00 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

1.99 http://www.cellphoneshop.net/tosp.html
Old 04-27-2010, 01:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

if you want to go with zagg got a 40% off the whole store coupon that you could use... only good to the end of the month and i personally dont have a use for it.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

eyepoker is just getting started

look up screen protectors on amazon... 60 cents for a pack of three... be careful with shipping costs though...
Old 05-01-2010, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 by HTC

jigwashere is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to jigwashere

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
The best one I found was from AT&T's Tilt 2. It feels just like the one that came in the box. The ones I bought from ebay were cheap....and you are going to get what you pay for. They are really rubbery and hard to slide with your finger/stylus. 3 for 9.99 on AT&T's website.
Thanks to your suggestion, I went to ATT and bought the 3-pack to use on my Sprint TP2. I'm very happy!

On my Palm TX, I used Clarivue screen protectors, which worked very well. The Clarivues I used had no adhesive backing, were crystal clear, and lasted a long time. They were washable/reusable. I considered buying the Clarivues for the Sprint TP2.

After I picked up the 3-pack from ATT, I went home to my basement office, removed the original screen protector, then wiped down my phone. I started with a little rubbing alcohol to clean the screen, followed by a good rubdown with a micro-fiber cleaning cloth. Finally, I used a can of compressed air to give it a little dust off.

I originally planned on replacing the screen protector poolside while my kids were in swimming lessons. The environment there is very humid and I doubt there'd be any dust. Anyway, against my better judgement, I proceeded to apply the new ATT screen protector in my dusty basement. I removed the backing on the screen protector to reveal the adhesive side. The adhesive seems mild and I'm not concerned about it on the TP2's screen. Anyway, the new protector is an absolute perfect match. Somehow I managed to get it on right the first time, with only having to make a slight adjustment as I was working. I easily removed all the bubbles, but it looked like there were a couple of "spots" under the screen protector. They were tiny circles with a dot inside. I thought it was probably dust, but decided to not let it bother me for at least a couple of days. Afterall, I still had 2 other screen protectors and could go back to the pool to apply them if need be. By the next day, the little circles were gone, and I'm telling you, it's very difficult to tell that there's a screen protector on there.

I gave up on my Seidio Innocase. The top case kept breaking, and contrary to the ads, it does add some bulk to the phone. I keep my TP2 naked, except for the screen protector, in a horizontal leather holster on my belt. I love the feel of the TP2 in my hand and am extremely happy with the look and quality of the ATT Tilt 2 screen protector.

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

string3599 is a n00b

I just went to the att store as suggested above and agree that these are pretty much just like the OEM The don't seem quite as stiff as the OEM so it does make the scrolling easier.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2