PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 01:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

HTCuser010 is keeping up the good workHTCuser010 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Hardware Keyboard

I'm looking for feedback from TP2 users about the hardware keyboard on the TP2. I will be going from TP to TP2 soon and wanted to know if the TP2's keyboard goes bad like on the TP. My keyboard does not work right now on the TP, and I am not paying 120 to get it replaced, rather just get a new phone, but if the TP2 has the same issues, I might not do the upgrade. Thanks for your time.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: TP2 Hardware Keyboard

ive owned my tp2 since alittle over 2 weeks after release and havent had any problems with the keyboard.Personally it is by far the best keyboard ive had my hands on.you will be satisfied.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:37 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

no doubt. a tp2 keyboard failure is few and very far between. ive had the same 2 since october, and my gf texts her ass off on that thing. its fine.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

for me, at times the keyboard dont work but i slide it in then back out or X out of what im using then its ok(stock rom). also i have tendency to double tap keys idk how or why that happens but it happens but maybe that is just me

Last edited by dumpringz; 04-15-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

mathiass is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to mathiass

IMHO the tp2 hardware keyboard is the best I've ever used, my ONLY complaint is that if the screen is tilted all the way up then I cannot push the number keys, but then again I never tilt the screen up all the way anyways that just feels awkward to me. So I guess that's not really a complaint rather than an observation

rockin out with MaxSense
Old 04-15-2010, 02:23 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50430; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I've had the Verizon TP2 since early September. No warranty replacements yet. Keyboard (and phone) still going strong. Actually, I'm quite surprised how long this TP2 has lasted.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phidong is becoming a great contributor

I like everything but the number keys
Old 04-15-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I also went from the TP to the TP2 because of keyboard issues on my Touch Pro, and I can say that the TP2 is by far, much better. I have had no issues at all with the TP2, when with the TP my keyboard would rarely work. The actual keyboard takes a little bit to get used to when moving from the TP but it is so worth it, the keyboard on the TP2 is much better once you get used to it. There are a few keys missing, that you'll probably miss, at first. But once you start using the keyboard on the TP2 you'll love it.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Bugsy is becoming a great contributor

Love the TP2 keyboard. It will take a couple days to get used to the new layout after switching from TP.

My only complaint is that sometimes the keys feel like they are floating over the buttons underneath. and you get this clicking sound.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

I'll echo a common sentiment. Best mobile keyboard I've ever used. Period. A couple of annoyances...my "2" key is a bit harder to press than the others. This is an Ebay phone though, so maybe it was returned for that reason and that's how I got it cheap. Not a dealbreaker, though. Second...no control key - which is solved with the keyboard configurator. If you're coming from the TP it's like night and day. You won't be disappointed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
keyboard