PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issues w/ WinMo 6.5 ROM

I recently installed this ROM to my Touch Pro2.

I've noticed several issues, such as:
*The disappearance of the homescreen task manager
*No efficient way to navigate through all programs.
*Disappearance of several programs, such as notes, etc
*Slower internet boot-up (or maybe it's just me?)

Are there any solutions to any of these issues? I'm thinking about downgrading if there aren't.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Issues w/ WinMo 6.5 ROM

Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forum.

Please Note: The Upgrades sub forums are only for ROM release threads. Discussion regarding specific ROMs should be made in their respective threads, while general ROM questions should go in the main forum.

It seems your question is geared towards a specific ROM. You are more likely to get a response by posting in the thread for the ROM in question.

No worries though!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

please check this thread out.Click on the paper clip.Htc task manager will get the top right task option.Install 16 Quick Links 1922_R2.cab to get more links to assign programs to if you still feel they are not enough check out the cookie home tab mod i tp2 themes and software.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114806
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

A lot of people have complained about the sprint 6.5 update actually, there is even a thread located in these forums about all the things people do not like w/ the 6.5 update. I would suggest trying some custom ROMs, you will find them to work better.

Also, your notes are probably now just located in the Mobile outlook or productivity folders.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
please check this thread out.Click on the paper clip.Htc task manager will get the top right task option.Install 16 Quick Links 1922_R2.cab to get more links to assign programs to if you still feel they are not enough check out the cookie home tab mod i tp2 themes and software.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114806
thanks! it works great

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
A lot of people have complained about the sprint 6.5 update actually, there is even a thread located in these forums about all the things people do not like w/ the 6.5 update. I would suggest trying some custom ROMs, you will find them to work better.

Also, your notes are probably now just located in the Mobile outlook or productivity folders.
thanks, i found the notes. glad to know that i'm not alone in the disliking of this update
Old 04-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try the link below for things to improve your 6.5 experience
Old 04-13-2010, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

DeMoNFLiP is a n00b

6.5 stock rom is great but lots of bugs for sprint to fix. my experience 6.5 was great until when your goes into sleep mode and it doesn't wake up for like a few minutes which is a pain for me and it's sporadic at times when it does it and its constant. seems like its not a big deal but it annoyed the heck out off me and having to manually do a reset alot. try the rom out and see for yourself if you like it good. if you don't revert back to 6.1 or go custom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2