PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Dukefan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint/Telenav GPS problems

I apologize if this has been referenced and explained somewhere else on here but I assure you I have searched on here as well as other websites and can not find a fix. I got my TP2 a few weeks ago, loved it and immediately came here and began modifying some. Here is some info that may be relevant, it is a refurb to replace my TP, running 6.5 , XPressDusk v.23 WWE , and my credit card info is.....a joke. Anyway, I have been trying to use the Sprint Navigation v 2.1 pretty much since I got it to no avail. I put in an area and go to get directions and it goes to 100% then says "GPS signal is weak. Please move to an open area and remain motionless until getting the GPS location." Now no matter where I go this is constant. I have been outside with not a cloud in sight, nothing, so I went through and found people saying use a telenav cab. Did it loaded it up, same thing. I can use google maps no prob, I can surf, text , do anything except this. Please help and if it is already explained elsewhere I apologize but if you would show me where. Thank you.

P.S. Thanks to almost all the people on this site and the site itself.

Oh yeah, GO DUKE!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve
Re: Sprint/Telenav GPS problems

Ok, Based on what you wrote this would be my first suggestion to try and solve this problem. Hit your Start button> go to your GPS or tools folder> your looking for an application named (QUICK GPS)> you need to download time and probably, if possible (in settings) set Download to automatic. Hope this helps, it should fix your prob. If not let us know.

Every time I have an issue with telenav its usually QUICK GPS

Last edited by Improve; 04-09-2010 at 12:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Dukefan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post
Ok, Based on what you wrote this would be my first suggestion to try and solve this problem. Hit your Start button> go to your GPS or tools folder> your looking for an application named (QUICK GPS)> you need to download time and probably, if possible (in settings) set Download to automatic. Hope this helps, it should fix your prob. If not let us know.
Thank you, I should have included that I had done that per seeing others stating to do this. Same problem but thank you.

GO DUKE!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have never run any of the Dusk rom builds, so I cant speak from experience but have you considered a rom issue, or checked his forum to see if any one else is having this issue.

My carrier is sprint also, and I cant imagine what else the prob could be, the only thing that ever stops my telenav from working on the NOW network is the QucikGPS download.

Did you install the cab on your Device?
Have you tried all the standard hard reset, wait 30 seconds, etc. "THE FLASH DANCE" you might have to wipe your device and start from scratch. or you can try this cab, its the Telenav version I use.
Attached Files
File Type: cab TeleNav_Sprint_PPC_5[1].5.24.cab (1.96 MB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Dukefan is a n00b

Quote:
I have never run any of the Dusk rom builds, so I cant speak from experience but have you considered a rom issue, or checked his forum to see if any one else is having this issue.

My carrier is sprint also, and I cant imagine what else the prob could be, the only thing that ever stops my telenav from working on the NOW network is the QucikGPS download.

Did you install the cab on your Device?
Have you tried all the standard hard reset, wait 30 seconds, etc. "THE FLASH DANCE" you might have to wipe your device and start from scratch. or you can try this cab, its the Telenav version I use.
Thank you for your persistence =D>, yes I did install that cab and did the whole list that you proposed. I am dumbfounded and normally I am just dumb. I find it odd that google maps works just fine.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Dukefan is a n00b

Update, now it looks as though Google Maps is messed up. Seeking GPS Satellites is taking forever and does not seem to be actually working. Oy vey!

GO DUKE!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefan View Post
Thank you for your persistence =D>, yes I did install that cab and did the whole list that you proposed. I am dumbfounded and normally I am just dumb. I find it odd that google maps works just fine.
lol, I'm dumbfounded as well brother thats why I even mentioned wiping you device. I would almost never say that but since we share the same carrier and if the items mentioned did not work I really can think of anything else at the moment. I know you have to install it on your device, I know you have to download your quickGPS, and I know a soft reset usually fixed any other issues. On top of all this you tried the cab I posted Was that the same cab/version you originally installed?
Old 04-09-2010, 01:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Ya man it looks like your ready for a soft reset, you might even want to flash back to stock rom. Wipe device while on stock rom and then flash back to whatever rom you want. I stick with NGRZ28s, and the wife like Mighty's rom. Two very stable roms.

Gonna run to 7/11 Ill be back in 30 min to check back.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Dukefan is a n00b

Quote:
lol, I'm dumbfounded as well brother thats why I even mentioned wiping you device. I would almost never say that but since we share the same carrier and if the items mentioned did not work I really can think of anything else at the moment. I know you have to install it on your device, I know you have to download your quickGPS, and I know a soft reset usually fixed any other issues. On top of all this you tried the cab I posted Was that the same cab/version you originally installed?
Yeah it makes no sense of course now the google stuff is flakey too. I may have to totally go wipe it clean ( not 100% sure how ) then go to stock ( since I am a noob if you or anyone else would please point me where to get it ) then see at least if that is it. And that was the exact version I installed.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:12 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Dukefan is a n00b

Quote:
Ya man it looks like your ready for a soft reset, you might even want to flash back to stock rom. Wipe device while on stock rom and then flash back to whatever rom you want. I stick with NGRZ28s, and the wife like Mighty's rom. Two very stable roms.

Gonna run to 7/11 Ill be back in 30 min to check back.
When I am in Joisey I hit the 7/11's all the time. Where my friend lives in NJ there are 2 within just a few miles. I go to get the cold coffees.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2