PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 02:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
Ok...since I have seen many of these posts....
(I really suggest reading the thread - or at least part of it - over on xda)
Nice writeup, it's especially nice in that the XDA thread is constantly changing.

So if I am using this script fairly successfully and not running into any SOD's. My question is, what can you do to prevent Netripper's OC v2 application from erroring out when you move off AC power?
Old 07-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Nice writeup, it's especially nice in that the XDA thread is constantly changing.

So if I am using this script fairly successfully and not running into any SOD's. My question is, what can you do to prevent Netripper's OC v2 application from erroring out when you move off AC power?
Always exit netripper's app. Don't leave it running in the background and you shouldn't get the error message.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

umm the script isnt working for me... its not doing a thing... im still @ 528 when windows starts... am i missing something?
Old 07-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
umm the script isnt working for me... its not doing a thing... im still @ 528 when windows starts... am i missing something?
did you install the cab for MortScript (the program)?
did you create a shortcut to the script file in windows/startup?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Ok...since I have seen many of these posts....
(I really suggest reading the thread - or at least part of it - over on xda)

1) Get Netripper's OC v2 program over at xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=7181179
2) Install MortScript if you dont have it already
3) Download the attached file onto your computer and unzip it
4) Open it with Notepad, Change the speed settings in the file to what your OC should be
*Be careful not to set it to high!
5) Save the file, make sure to set notepad to "all files" and make sure the file extension is .mscr (by default notepad will try to save it as a .txt)
6) Place this file onto your SD Card
7) Create a shortcut to this file in your Windows/Startup folder
*This is for safety - if you set your OC too high and place the actual file in your start folder you are screwed. If you have the file on your SD Card and you go to high, you can take your SD card out and you will be able to boot
8 ) Reboot

*Note - if you are using this script do NOT change the OC speed using NetRippers program. Change the speed in the script file only! If you want to change speeds, change the values in the file, save it, overwrite the file on your SD Card (as long as you do not rename it, the shortcut in your Startup folder will still work).

This script prevents SOD and allows you to run 24/7 OC'ed on battery power.
*The script does NOT work for everyone (you will get an error message if it doesnt) but works for 95% + so far.

Big thanks to Netripper for the App. Script was a group effort (jpc, RoboWang, cmd512, myself, etc...).
Thanks for this! Could you please explain why there are two variables for the overclocked speed though (and set to different values in your script as default)?

There is a start_speed and a boost_speed, and if I'm reading the script correctly the CPU is initially overclocked to the start_speed value if there is not a shortcut to the Msm7KAutoCpuSpeed program in \Windows\StartUp, and then the boost_speed variable is used when the device isn't in a state that needs to be throttled.

Why can't those two variables be merged into boost_speed and just make the initial call to Msm7KAutoCpuSpeed.exe use the value of boost_speed?

For example:

If (NOT (FileExists("\Windows\StartUp\Msm7kAutoCpuSpeed.ln k")))
RunWait("\Program Files\Msm7kCpuSpeed\Msm7KAutoCpuSpeed.exe", boost_speed)
EndIf

PS - Just tried the script and it's working great, I can see it throttled and then unthrottle within a few hundred milliseconds when I come back from sleep. Thanks to you and everyone else who put the effort in to making this usable!

Last edited by aguenter322; 07-30-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
did you install the cab for MortScript (the program)?
did you create a shortcut to the script file in windows/startup?
yep i installed Mortscript. can you post the same mortscript you are using? i created the lnk in startup too...

Edit: what are you using to check your cpu speed? when i open the overclock app, the slider still shows 528.

Last edited by puff601; 07-30-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
yep i installed Mortscript. can you post the same mortscript you are using? i created the lnk in startup too...
The script he posted on the last page works fine for me. If you start the script from your file manager manually and then go to Msm7kCpuSpeed does it show a higher clock speed than 528? If it doesn't there's a problem with your script, if it does there's a problem with your shortcut to the script or something else in your startup sequence.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
The script he posted on the last page works fine for me. If you start the script from your file manager manually and then go to Msm7kCpuSpeed does it show a higher clock speed than 528? If it doesn't there's a problem with your script, if it does there's a problem with your shortcut to the script or something else in your startup sequence.
if i click on the script in file explorer it doesnt do anything and still shows 528 in the cpuspeed app
Old 07-30-2010, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Post your script?
Old 07-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Almost a VIP

its the oc-auto3 nayr posted. i tried auto2 as well... can you post a cab of the mortscript you are using?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2