PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Task29...a explanation. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116920)

neudof 04-12-2010 11:29 AM

Re: Task29...a explanation.
 
So is it possible to have an SD card with Task 29 on it to wipe the device, and then swap cards to flash the ROM and do everything via the SD cards?

MordyT 04-12-2010 03:49 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

No. Task29 used to only be able to do with mtty (which requires drivers which are a pain). It got hex-edited into a RUU (bypassing mtty and its need for drivers. The RUU doesn't flash task29, it flashes and then does task 29. A rom is flashed, so you can flash through sd, but since the RUU is doing task29, no way around that. It doesn't matter hat you flash, the RUU is key here...

cmajewsk 04-14-2010 02:12 PM

Re: Task29...a explanation.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MordyT (Post 1679967)
Ok, I have seen a few questions around the forums asking about Task29, so with this post I hope to answer all.

Won't quote the whole post - but this was very helpful! THANK YOU! (And yes, I hit the thanks button).

MordyT 04-14-2010 04:55 PM

Re: Task29...a explanation.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmajewsk (Post 1698907)
Won't quote the whole post - but this was very helpful! THANK YOU! (And yes, I hit the thanks button).

Your more then welcome...

tt C6 04-30-2010 11:03 PM

Re: Task29...a explanation.
 
Thank You MordyT. Thanks button hit.

I just ran taks29 on my Sprint TP2, went into bootloader, and then flashed a ROM.

When I tried to make a call I got a message I never heard before:
"Welcome to Verizon. You're phone cannot be authenitcated at this time."


Do I have to "flash a radio" or do something to the radio settings now?
If so, can someone please post instrunctions to what I have to do?
Or a link?

Thank you.

MordyT 05-01-2010 11:07 PM

Re: Task29...a explanation.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tt C6 (Post 1728855)
Thank You MordyT. Thanks button hit.

I just ran taks29 on my Sprint TP2, went into bootloader, and then flashed a ROM.

When I tried to make a call I got a message I never heard before:
"Welcome to Verizon. You're phone cannot be authenitcated at this time."


Do I have to "flash a radio" or do something to the radio settings now?
If so, can someone please post instrunctions to what I have to do?
Or a link?

Thank you.

Dial *228

MordyT 05-02-2010 01:02 AM

Re: Task29...a explanation.
 
Ok, just to be clear ( i know, dp, shoot me)
All that happened is that task 29 got hacked into a RUU - therefor no more need for mtty and its drivers. The ruu still needs to do something - flash a splash or radio - but tit is the RUU that is important...

MHatter569 05-02-2010 02:47 AM

Re: Task29...a explanation.
 
I am having difficulty. I can not get the phone into bootloader. With the phone off I hold the down volume button and press the top power button as shown on the YouTube video and nothing happens. If I hold the down volume and press the End/Power button it comes on to a screen that says "Touch Pro 2" and nothing more.

I called Verizon and they had me hold down volume + Send and press Power/End and same result "Touch Pro 2"

Any thoughts on getting back into bootloader?

MordyT 05-02-2010 03:08 AM

Re: Task29...a explanation.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MHatter569 (Post 1730494)
I am having difficulty. I can not get the phone into bootloader. With the phone off I hold the down volume button and press the top power button as shown on the YouTube video and nothing happens. If I hold the down volume and press the End/Power button it comes on to a screen that says "Touch Pro 2" and nothing more.

I called Verizon and they had me hold down volume + Send and press Power/End and same result "Touch Pro 2"

Any thoughts on getting back into bootloader?

Verizon = volume down +end key from phone off to get to bootloader...

tt C6 05-02-2010 12:10 PM

Re: Task29...a explanation.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MordyT (Post 1730243)
Dial *228

I did. I got a recording "the feature code you entered is invalid".
I'm using a Sprint TP2 on SPrint's network.

Thanks again.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0