PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Task29...a explanation. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116920)

mwalt2 04-05-2010 12:06 AM

Re: Task29...a explanation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukefan (Post 1681260)
Uh oh

"Q: OMG, I did Task29 and now I can't bot into windows to flash a new ROM.
A: Establish a active-sync connection by 1) Going into bootloader from power off by pushing and holding Power+Volume down until you see the tricolor screen. Connect your phone to you PC, wait till it says USB on the bottom, flash as normal. Or 2) Place the rhodimg.nbh (orginally named ruu_signed.nbh) on the root of the storage card and go into bootloader using above method."

I did Task29, and my connection to my PC is missing. My Ipod Touch is still able to be recognized so it doesn't seem to be a PC or USB issue. Same USB cord I was using previously for my phone. I get the HTC white screen and no connection at all. I hold the Power and Volume Down button and get nothing , no tri color screen no beeping , no rebooting, just sore fingers. I pull the battery out, wait a minute , put it back in HTC white boot screen and no connection no changes when I hold power and volume down. I don't have a card reader so do I now own an expensive paper weight? :) Please any help or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

With phone off, push+hold down volume down. Then push+hold power button until tri-color screen. It sounds like you are pushing power button first.

Dukefan 04-05-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwalt2 (Post 1681273)
With phone off, push+hold down volume down. Then push+hold power button until tri-color screen. It sounds like you are pushing power button first.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! You made me so happy I peed in someone else's pants. WOO HOO!!!!! I am such a noob and the majority of y'all on here have helped me soooo very much.

YnYng 04-05-2010 12:19 AM

omg. when i put in my batter, it automatically turns on, and nothing happens, cept it says Touchpro2 on the screen. im so effed. anyone help!?

EDIT: Dont try to put ur battery in when it is connected to the computer.. duh.

mwalt2 04-05-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukefan (Post 1681281)
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! You made me so happy I peed in someone else's pants. WOO HOO!!!!! I am such a noob and the majority of y'all on here have helped me soooo very much.

heh, we've all been there before. From the way it's written in the first post, I can see how you might think it was power and then volume. Glad you're up and running.

TweetyBear 04-05-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YnYng (Post 1681295)
omg. when i put in my batter, it automatically turns on, and nothing happens, cept it says Touchpro2 on the screen. im so effed. anyone help!?

did u put in bootloader mode? hold down the 'down' button then press the power button til the tri color screen comes on

Dukefan 04-05-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwalt2 (Post 1681311)
heh, we've all been there before. From the way it's written in the first post, I can see how you might think it was power and then volume. Glad you're up and running.

I am very grateful. I was worried for a while there but I shoulda known one of the benevolent veterans here, like yourself , would help a green horn like me out. Thank you again and since I forgot to say it in my other posts I will have to make up for it here, GO DUKE GO DUKE GO DUKE!!!

Dukefan 04-05-2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YnYng (Post 1681295)

Same thing was happening to me. Follow the advice that was given to me. And if it kind of helps you then I am only a semi-noob. YAY graduation may be soon for me! GO DUKE!!!:headbang::twisted::angry7:

mikedboyd 04-05-2010 02:40 AM

Anyone know if there is anything really with this, about not having an SD in the phone, with the rhodimg.nbh in the root folder?

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1681266)
i just did task 29 with a rhodimg.nbh on the sd card and it gave issues. id say always remeber to remove the card first if your planning a sd flash afterwards.

austin420 04-05-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikedboyd (Post 1681449)
Anyone know if there is anything really with this, about not having an SD in the phone, with the rhodimg.nbh in the root folder?

when i ran the exe for task 29 while there was a rhodimg.nbh on the storage card, as soon as it hit the bootloader mode, it just stopped task29 and started to flash the rom on my card and task 29 failed. i got the message on windows7 the the program had not installed properly. it didnt screw anything up, but deffinitly didnt work right.

MordyT 04-07-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikedboyd (Post 1681449)

He is correct. This RUU first calls a flash, then after does Task29. As apposed to a stock rom, which calls task 28 then calls a flash. Work to make it call task29 first in in progress...