PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 09:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

imaginethis1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
US Cellular Provision Cab

i have noticed that there are a few roms out there that still don't have roms with a US Cellular provisioning cab built in. so i was wondering if there are any cabs that have everything i need for the tp2 and us cellular?

2.1 ROMS on TP2 FTW!! SPEED SPEED SPEED!!
Old 04-03-2010, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 wm6.5 & HTC EVO 4G w/ Synergy RSL1 Rom
Carrier: Sprint

scoot0073 is becoming a great contributor
Re: US Cellular Provision Cab

i was n tha same boat as u last week.. so i can help u out with what i used..
this is tha ROM i used it had tha USCellular Provisions included.

MR.X_RhodiumW_2.5_03-05-10 ROM
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110661
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 wm6.5 & HTC EVO 4G w/ Synergy RSL1 Rom
Carrier: Sprint

scoot0073 is becoming a great contributor

then for tha MMS i used this one..

apristel_Arcsoft MMS_USCellular_5_0_94_128c
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ristel_Arcsoft

its on tha 2nd Post at tha bottom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: DROID BIONIC / DROID RAZR
Carrier: VZW

Young DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the community

Here is just the cab.file from Mr.X So all credit goes to him...CLICK HERE

And +1 on
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethis1 View Post
i have noticed that there are a few roms out there that still don't have roms with a US Cellular provisioning cab built in. so i was wondering if there are any cabs that have everything i need for the tp2 and us cellular?
When I had the TP RootLinux built ROM's that was USCC compliant. Straight out of the flash, did not have to anything except choose USCC as my server. MMS worked, and didn't have to install a single ROM to make it that way. Now if he can do it for the TP, why can't the chefs here do it for the TP2? If I flash to a custom ROM I don't want to have to install other cabs to get MMS to work, don't want to create my own server. It should be plug-n-play. That is probably the #1 reason I still have the stock ROM on an unlocked phone. But I suppose there isn't enough USCC owners here to make it worth taking the time to make us happy.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:53 AM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
When I had the TP RootLinux built ROM's that was USCC compliant. Straight out of the flash, did not have to anything except choose USCC as my server. MMS worked, and didn't have to install a single ROM to make it that way. Now if he can do it for the TP, why can't the chefs here do it for the TP2? If I flash to a custom ROM I don't want to have to install other cabs to get MMS to work, don't want to create my own server. It should be plug-n-play. That is probably the #1 reason I still have the stock ROM on an unlocked phone. But I suppose there isn't enough USCC owners here to make it worth taking the time to make us happy.

I have been using XpressDusk Rom and he makes a USCC specific rom that works out the box for me with MMS fully functional. I snatched MightyMikes's USCC provisioning cab from the NEW official and have been using that for and custom roms that aren't USCC specific and it ensures the MMS works each time...which is funny considering that when I use Mighty's Official I need to set up MMS for USCC after provisioning and use the MMS server with my MDN.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

imaginethis1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
this is my first windows mobile phone so when i started off flashing i was actually kind of surprised that maybe half had some provisioning in their roms, but a very good amount still had roms that used JMZ provisioning, which at the time didn't have USCC. it is kind of a hassle to install the separate MMS and everything, but you said it...there just isn't enough of us USCC people to do anything about it
Old 04-04-2010, 11:54 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

imaginethis1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young DC View Post
Here is just the cab.file from Mr.X So all credit goes to him...CLICK HERE

And +1 on

thank you! for some reason whenever i searched before i would just keep running into dead ends. finally, no more worries with whether a rom has provisioning for USCC or not

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
cab, cellular, provision, u.s., uscc