PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How to turn off keyboard vibration for 6.5 rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116759)

noturbo408 04-26-2010 02:44 AM

Re: How to turn off keyboard vibration for 6.5 rom

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1679501)
no. i meant personalize. its the very first item on the settings tab.

Thank you! This did it for me! I love how they move settings around from 6.1 to 6.5.

Powerverter 08-14-2010 12:21 AM

For those of you who STILL have vibration, even with the above help, here is one registry key that should work for you. I am not using Touch Flo and I hated that there was no menu to turn off vibration. Go here are set the value to 0:
HKLM\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings\ApVibrationOn ---> Set this to 0 and it is like going to the Touch Flo menu that was mentioned above. This is the ONLY thing that worked for me!

Hope this helps.

BenC 09-10-2010 01:35 AM

My TP2 went to my son to replace his stolen TP2 and I got a replacement yesterday. Heck the 6.1 settings were a breeze, this 6.5 had me looking all day until I found this and then I started looking and the vibes are anti-vibers now. Thanks.

jevsays 11-21-2010 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerverter (Post 1910706)
For those of you who STILL have vibration, even with the above help, here is one registry key that should work for you. I am not using Touch Flo and I hated that there was no menu to turn off vibration. Go here are set the value to 0:
HKLM\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings\ApVibrationOn ---> Set this to 0 and it is like going to the Touch Flo menu that was mentioned above. This is the ONLY thing that worked for me!

Hope this helps.

LIFESAVER! Thank you, kind sir!

egandb 03-24-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bones20 (Post 1683184)
I have an opposite problem. I want the vibration on but it doesnt work for some reason - no idea, turned off on its on. BAsed on this thread, I checked the following:

1. Settings - Personalize - vibration - box checked for "Vibrate when I tap buttons in HTC Sense, phone dialer, keyboard, youtube etc"

2. Registry:
HKLM\software\HTC\Phone\PhoneExtendedSetting\
KeyPadVibration = 1

HKLM\Software\HTC\Calculator
Vibrate = 1

hklm/software/keyboardConfig/
VibrateOnKeyPress = 1

Any clues?

I used all of these settings to completely disable the tactile feedback for everything on my Sprint 6.5 TP2. Thank you! :toothy7:

kart69 11-27-2011 11:54 PM

Powerverter.......

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.......
I have been searching for 3 hours to get rid of the vibration soft keyboard.
All other registry hacks were useless.... yours is the only one that worked....