PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How to turn off keyboard vibration for 6.5 rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116759)

migz1134 04-04-2010 01:54 PM

Re: How to turn off keyboard vibration for 6.5 rom

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 1680338)
lol I wish I found this thread yesterday. I got it to turn off by searching my registry for "Vibrat" and I found this:

hklm/software/keyboardConfig/VibrateOnKeyPress I set it to 0 and the keyboard doesn't vibrate.

I turned a few other vibrate things off also, so it MIGHT not be this

there is no KeyboardConfig under Hklm/software/

chronster 04-04-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by migz1134 (Post 1680450)
there is no KeyboardConfig under Hklm/software/

that's odd. I guess it's different in Mr X's 6.5 rom. It's running 6.5 and sense 2.5.2012 (which I believe is the same as Sprint.)

Oh well

kabuk1 04-04-2010 03:58 PM

I tried that regedit & I'm still rattlin' away here...

ChrisH09 04-05-2010 05:09 AM

I've been able to get rid of the vibrate while scrolling through the Sense tabs etc...but the one that is buggin me the most is when I use the dialer....every time I press a # on the screen it vibrates....and I called up HTC and Sprint and they say there is no way to disable that...I call BS.....there has to be a way....thats the only time my phone vibrates is when I type the phone #'s......any ideas?

migz1134 04-05-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisH09 (Post 1681518)
I've been able to get rid of the vibrate while scrolling through the Sense tabs etc...but the one that is buggin me the most is when I use the dialer....every time I press a # on the screen it vibrates....and I called up HTC and Sprint and they say there is no way to disable that...I call BS.....there has to be a way....thats the only time my phone vibrates is when I type the phone #'s......any ideas?

HKLM\software\HTC\Phone\PhoneExtendedSetting\

change KeyPadVibration = 0

you can also go here for the calculator

HKLM\Software\HTC\Calculator

Chanage Vibrate = 0

this should stop the vibrations on number pad and calculator...

bones20 04-06-2010 12:47 AM

I have an opposite problem. I want the vibration on but it doesnt work for some reason - no idea, turned off on its on. BAsed on this thread, I checked the following:

1. Settings - Personalize - vibration - box checked for "Vibrate when I tap buttons in HTC Sense, phone dialer, keyboard, youtube etc"

2. Registry:
KeyPadVibration = 1

Vibrate = 1

hklm/software/keyboardConfig/
VibrateOnKeyPress = 1

Any clues?

migz1134 04-06-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bones20 (Post 1683184)
I have an opposite problem. I want the vibration on but it doesnt work for some reason - no idea, turned off on its on. BAsed on this thread, I checked the following:

1. Settings - Personalize - vibration - box checked for "Vibrate when I tap buttons in HTC Sense, phone dialer, keyboard, youtube etc"

2. Registry:
KeyPadVibration = 1

Vibrate = 1

hklm/software/keyboardConfig/
VibrateOnKeyPress = 1

Any clues?

very strange indeed.. but is no surprise to me that after the 6.5 upgrade phones are acting weird.. for some odd reason my on screen qwerty stopped vibrating without me editing anything... sometimes options on the phone do not work even if they are activated like in your case.... my advice is to do a hard reset of your phone...

bones20 04-06-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by migz1134 (Post 1683690)
very strange indeed.. but is no surprise to me that after the 6.5 upgrade phones are acting weird.. for some odd reason my on screen qwerty stopped vibrating without me editing anything... sometimes options on the phone do not work even if they are activated like in your case.... my advice is to do a hard reset of your phone...

I figured out what the problem was. It was because of the "Mighty Blinking LED cab" I had installed. The vibration came back as soon as I uninstalled it even without restart.

chronster 04-06-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1680580)
I tried that regedit & I'm still rattlin' away here...

Ok, so I went through and turned random virbate things off and found hklm/software/htc/ezsip "VibrationEnabled" and set it to 0.

also hklm/software/oem/KeyState "KeyVibratorState" is 0

austin420 04-07-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KilaWombat (Post 1677131)
Is there a way to disable the keyboard vibration while texting/emailing? Couldn't locate the answer while searching.

Thanks.

killawombat, did your problem turn out to be related to the clean up cab? i see you posted the problem in their thread as well. ever get it to stop?