PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2010, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS
Why do people like using Swype? It seems more complicated than useful.

I never could understand it. I have seen rave reviews over this Swype app. Saying that it makes typing out words and sentences much more easily and quickly. Previous users of touchscreen only phones with no qwerty keyboards are the ones to most praise this app, since they are accustomed to having to use the stylus to type. Getting my TP2 in Oct, this is my first PPC phone. Knowing that I have an available keyboard, I make use of quite often. But sometimes I just don't feel like sliding it out (that and to try and prevent premature wear on the slider) and use the stylus to tap out a message. It's no big deal for me to use the stylus. When I tried Swype, I worked with it for about 2 hours. I cannot see what the rabe is all about. If you ask me, it's complicated and takes way too friggin long to draw a line through the letters. Many times when it pops up words, it gets them wrong, and even when it does pop the right word, it seems like it makes it take longer to have to click on that word. I can tap tap tap tap out words a hell of a lot more quickly than trying to draw a path through them. There were other issues I had with it, but that was a few months ago so I dont recall what they were. It just takes up too much time to use this app... To put it in short, I deleted this app shortly after installing it.

It sucks IMO..... What is your take on it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2