PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pro baby
Carrier: Sprint

hammodie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Sick of Windows

Oka this is the first time i posted so forgive if im in the wrong section it wont be the end of the world. I have been waiting like everyone else for 6.5 to come out and now that it has i couldnt wait to get it. I tried download the first time from the htc website and it took like 3 hours to download it on my work pc and i have a very fast internet speeds. After i download it wouldnt let me open the files it would tell me not supported and i try everything to make it supported but it would work, so i deleted the files and now im in the process of waiting another 3 or so hours to download. Did everyones files take this long ..help ?
Old 03-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Re: Sick of Windows

just because it takes a while to download dont hate windows mobile, hate your slow internet!

Old 03-20-2010, 07:25 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammodie View Post
Oka this is the first time i posted so forgive if im in the wrong section it wont be the end of the world. I have been waiting like everyone else for 6.5 to come out and now that it has i couldnt wait to get it. I tried download the first time from the htc website and it took like 3 hours to download it on my work pc and i have a very fast internet speeds. After i download it wouldnt let me open the files it would tell me not supported and i try everything to make it supported but it would work, so i deleted the files and now im in the process of waiting another 3 or so hours to download. Did everyones files take this long ..help ?
Have you tried the mirrors other people have posted?

Edit: 3 mirrors on first page of that thread alone

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114747

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hammodie is a n00b

No i was not aware of those ..thanks you much Gten
Old 03-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Sounds like you tried to run the update on your phone?
Old 03-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hammodie is a n00b

The 6.5 update yes! if thats what you mean! well i finaly got a mirror file and only took 30 min to download and i just finished adding windows 6.5 so far so good no problems.....Im sure that wont be long before they starts to come up but im planing on taking a dig into the files to tweak things i like and dont ill keep you guys informed
Old 03-20-2010, 08:51 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Op, are you on a tp2 or a tp? just wondering...

Help Me Help You
Old 03-20-2010, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started

Quote:
yeap, took 3 hours with a cable connection....roadrunner...but, it works great, i like it
Old 03-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

that sprint website got bogged down, lucky for us many ppcgeeks mirrored it. I would have to say 95% of people from ppcgeeks downloaded from a mirror.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Yeah I got mines yesterday off a mirror, took less than 20 minutes, got lucky IMO

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2