PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

modembug is keeping up the good workmodembug is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to modembug Send a message via MSN to modembug Send a message via Yahoo to modembug
Re: Sprint radio 2.32 Differences (TP2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Absolutely better for me. My bars went from 1 to 3 in my house.
So far the radio is the only thing I want out of this upgrade lol
Old 03-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Better reception at home and office, also around town as well.

Thank you Sprint!

- edit

I have a new found respect for this radio. A resturant we frequent my phone would always go to no signal or the triangle icon, but last night I had one-two bars. I was able to send-receive texts and surf the web...So for me this radio is an improvement.

Last edited by i360; 03-25-2010 at 08:17 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

dadoc04 is keeping up the good workdadoc04 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dadoc04 Send a message via Yahoo to dadoc04

updating now... thanks
Old 03-24-2010, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to modembug Send a message via MSN to modembug Send a message via Yahoo to modembug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadoc04 View Post
updating now... thanks
Let us know if you notice any difference! Cheers!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

ADD: I'm actually amazed at this new radio! After a few days, I'm noticing all around better signal everywhere. I'm now getting full bars at places I've only had 2-3. So all in all, this radio is a HUGE improvement for me. I would highly recommend at least trying it out.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:20 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
ADD: I'm actually amazed at this new radio! After a few days, I'm noticing all around better signal everywhere. I'm now getting full bars at places I've only had 2-3. So all in all, this radio is a HUGE improvement for me. I would highly recommend at least trying it out.
I as well noticed that I said this before but thought I'd say it again I hardly drop to 1x as well now with the new radio, for those who don't know where to find download just look a few pages back, i had posted some.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I imagine you could just flash the new sprint rom to get the radio too, then reflash your custom. scratch that... too many extra steps! ha
Old 03-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I never go by the bars... as they could have changed the scale just to make things look better. I always look at the true numbers on the ##DEBUG# screen.

I haven't noticed much difference at all. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I would also flash the latest stock ROM to grab the new PRI along with the radio. Then flash to whatever custom ROM you want.

Be careful though... the stock ROM comes with the horrible 60660 PRL. 60660 and 60662 have horrible channel acq tables that cause your phone to scan and even try to connect to VZW EV signals. Kills my battery real quick. I can always tell when my phone auto upgrades since the battery starts dropping like a rock and the data starts stalling all the time. I put PRL 60659 on and all is good after that.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
I never go by the bars... as they could have changed the scale just to make things look better. I always look at the true numbers on the ##DEBUG# screen.

I haven't noticed much difference at all. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I would also flash the latest stock ROM to grab the new PRI along with the radio. Then flash to whatever custom ROM you want.

Be careful though... the stock ROM comes with the horrible 60660 PRL. 60660 and 60662 have horrible channel acq tables that cause your phone to scan and even try to connect to VZW EV signals. Kills my battery real quick. I can always tell when my phone auto upgrades since the battery starts dropping like a rock and the data starts stalling all the time. I put PRL 60659 on and all is good after that.
Thanks for killing all the win! hahaha Ima check out the ##DEBUG#, i didnt think of that!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

divineazn716 is a n00b

hey guys, what is a radio? its probably a stupid question and all but can someone just give me some short detailed information about it? speaking of radio, didnt sprint use to have a radio type program on here? I dont see it on the 6.5? mine is stock. anyways dont chew me up too much for asking this question. but someone please let me know. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2