PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T mobile

marybethmn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 6.5 stuck old mail accounts on Today Messaging

Hi I have a problem with my messaging display on my Today screen. I have a hotmail account and a gmail account. The gmail account got messed up, so I deleted it, and re-added it, and all was fine - if I go to Start, Messaging, things look fine, just the accounts that exist. But, on the messaging section of the Today plugin, I still show the old account, with a message count. In fact, it blew up again yesterday, so I added it again, and now there are 3 gmail accounts on the today screen, all with message counts, but only the most recent one increments with new messages, and that is the one that shows up in the Messaging when I click on the messaging tab. I was thinking I might have to do something in the registry to get rid of the artifacts on the Today plugin, but got as far as Today/Items/Messaging (with Resco Reg editor) and did not see anything there that looked at all like accounts. I know I can really blow things up in there, so am really hoping someone will know where this stuff lives! Thanks for any help you can give!
Mary Beth
Old 03-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T mobile
Threadstarter

marybethmn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 6.5 stuck old mail accounts on Today Messaging

Update - I searched the registry using string from email addr, and found a place where all of the accounts were listed, in the order they appear, so I deleted the bad ones and did a reset, but they were still there, so I pulled the battery, and they were still there, even though the registry does not show them any more..shoot
Mary Beth

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
messaging