PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 11:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 Tweaks Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
I gotta tell ya, that's pretty wierd because I am almost positive it is supposed to be "Phone" by default. At least that's what mine has always been and it kind of seems stupid to me since it is sitting right above a hardware key that does the exact same thing. So I would like to know how you got yours to be "Lock".

Very interesting.
I am not sure if anyone has posted this already, but here is a CAB I made up which will change your left softkey in Sense 2.5 to "Lock" I agree that having "Phone" above a hardware key is a little redundant.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

stevedensmore is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to stevedensmore

Does anyone have a cab to revert back to the original battery info that actually works? I installed one from this thread and it somewhat works, but the battery shows 0% remaining no matter what the charge is on the battery info page. Then it shows 100% charged on my taskbar icon.

This is my last line of order to fix on this ROM, then I'll be satisfied. Being able to change the right softkey would be nice though too.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club
Threadstarter

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
I am not sure if anyone has posted this already, but here is a CAB I made up which will change your left softkey in Sense 2.5 to "Lock" I agree that having "Phone" above a hardware key is a little redundant.
Could you make one that sets the left soft key to settings?
i can't seem to figure out the reg edit to go straight to the settings without going thru the manila tab..
Old 03-28-2010, 01:19 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

any idea how I can go about making it so wifi stays on when the phone goes into standby? that was one thing I HATED about my TP and I was overjoyed to see it would stay on with my TP2. The stock Sprint ROM has the wifi stay on even in standby but this doesnt... custom roms seem to be fine too.

It just slays my battery when I am at my girlfriend's. Theres basically no service of any kind here. If I keep wifi on, the data connection stays off and the battery only drops by 30% or so overnight. If I dont turn wifi on its a guarantee the battery will be dead by morning no matter what.

This is annoying enough for me to go back to a custom rom :/ Right now as soon as the backlight goes off, so does wifi and the phone tries to get a 1x roaming data connection with 0-1 bars and has a hard time doing it.

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 03-28-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
any idea how I can go about making it so wifi stays on when the phone goes into standby? that was one thing I HATED about my TP and I was overjoyed to see it would stay on with my TP2. The stock Sprint ROM has the wifi stay on even in standby but this doesnt... custom roms seem to be fine too.

It just slays my battery when I am at my girlfriend's. Theres basically no service of any kind here. If I keep wifi on, the data connection stays off and the battery only drops by 30% or so overnight. If I dont turn wifi on its a guarantee the battery will be dead by morning no matter what.

This is annoying enough for me to go back to a custom rom :/ Right now as soon as the backlight goes off, so does wifi and the phone tries to get a 1x roaming data connection with 0-1 bars and has a hard time doing it.
I don't understand. If there's no usable cellular connection, why not just turn off the cellular radio using the Comm Manager?

Is it that you need data services while the phone is in standby or just that you're trying to save battery? In the former case, I can't offer any help. If it's the latter, then WiFi is eating some of your battery, too.

Until we got our Airave the first thing I did upon walking in the house was to turn off the cellular radio to prevent the battery from dying within a few hours. For a while I used an early version of Ageye G-Profile in an attempt to manage this manually but eventually could take care of it in a second or so.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:14 AM
ShadowDrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
I don't understand. If there's no usable cellular connection, why not just turn off the cellular radio using the Comm Manager?

Is it that you need data services while the phone is in standby or just that you're trying to save battery? In the former case, I can't offer any help. If it's the latter, then WiFi is eating some of your battery, too.

Until we got our Airave the first thing I did upon walking in the house was to turn off the cellular radio to prevent the battery from dying within a few hours. For a while I used an early version of Ageye G-Profile in an attempt to manage this manually but eventually could take care of it in a second or so.
Texts do still make it through, they're just late. And yeah, data while the phone is in standby is what I need, because GV transcribes my voicemails to text and sends them to my e-mail. I basically need some way to keep in touch. I guess I'll have to start calling Sprint and HTC and complaining till I can get a hold of someone who knows exactly what got changed to make wifi turn off on standby.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4 g
Carrier: sprint

ajkron is a n00b

does any1 have a new drive to cab for sprint navigation? the one for 6.1 wont work. for those that dont know the drive to is an option when u go under a contact and it pulls up the address on navigation
Old 03-28-2010, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Verizon

elnene20 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Well this is what I use so my wifi stays on when the screen goes to
standby. I think Calkulin's posted this a while back, But hope this helps. Dont forget to say Thanks if it does
Attached Files
File Type: cab Enable Wi-Fi in Standby.cab (1.1 KB, 52 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

dalastone is keeping up the good workdalastone is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajkron View Post
does any1 have a new drive to cab for sprint navigation? the one for 6.1 wont work. for those that dont know the drive to is an option when u go under a contact and it pulls up the address on navigation
I'm using this one found here, works great for me
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=drive+cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:12 PM
ShadowDrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnene20 View Post
Well this is what I use so my wifi stays on when the screen goes to
standby. I think Calkulin's posted this a while back, But hope this helps. Dont forget to say Thanks if it does
Tried it, it's just a registry change. Tried both changing the registry key and installing the .cab - but wifi still turns off while in standby. Thanks though, it's at least a start.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2