PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 11:02 PM
F_X_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Offical Bugs List with Sprint Touch Pro 2 - WinMob. 6.5 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
The problem lies in the LED .dll used by Sprint for the 6.5 update as they never intended for the light to be manually controlled (hence the reason why the box was greyed out originally) Below is a CAB I put together which will overwrite the .dll and also unlock the ability to change the LED notification durations.
I am assuming this does not need to be used with the other cab that un-greys the options. Your post mentions the ability to change the duration too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone else have the problem where the alarm doesn't go off? All it does is put a message on the screen WITHOUT playing the selected notification sounds. Vibrate works, but not an audible alarm. Anyone else? Kinda sucks.

Last edited by F_X_B; 04-21-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
The problem lies in the LED .dll used by Sprint for the 6.5 update as they never intended for the light to be manually controlled (hence the reason why the box was greyed out originally) Below is a CAB I put together which will overwrite the .dll and also unlock the ability to change the LED notification durations.
thanks Chris. Will give it a go.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:27 AM
F_X_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

That worked like a champ! Thanks for helping everyone out with that damn green blinking battery suck of a notification!

=D>

Great work Chris

Last edited by F_X_B; 04-21-2010 at 01:30 AM. Reason: forgot to give Chris credit
Old 04-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q
Does any1 get in their HTC SMS text input box area - when typing - the cursor showing 2 bars surrounding the letters being type ( as you type)?

Looks like this |x| - where the 'x' represent any letter or character being typed.
i only noticed that after i installed the 4 row sms input cab
Old 04-21-2010, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mrstak is becoming a great contributor

Anyone know of any fix for the cpro.exe error reporting? I flashed to the stock 6.5 ROM from HTC's site. That's all I installed. Then I had the same issue as someone else with the double blinking cursor so I hard reset. That seemed to fix the double blinking cursor. Then I installed google maps but whenever I go to the phone dialer, it loads the dialpad, then after a couple of seconds it'll give me consecutive error messages with the cpro.exe being the thing that caused the error. Once I quit out of the phone dialpad or go back to the home screen I don't see that error ever. Any solutions?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i only noticed that after i installed the 4 row sms input cab
Yeah - I never installed that cab.
It's been that way from day 1 for me un adulterated except for GT2L's tweaks.
Not sure if it has anything to do with GT2L's tweaks for the keyboard.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

dalastone is keeping up the good workdalastone is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstak View Post
Anyone know of any fix for the cpro.exe error reporting? I flashed to the stock 6.5 ROM from HTC's site. That's all I installed. Then I had the same issue as someone else with the double blinking cursor so I hard reset. That seemed to fix the double blinking cursor. Then I installed google maps but whenever I go to the phone dialer, it loads the dialpad, then after a couple of seconds it'll give me consecutive error messages with the cpro.exe being the thing that caused the error. Once I quit out of the phone dialpad or go back to the home screen I don't see that error ever. Any solutions?
the only "fix" i did was the turn off the "error reporting. I had the exact same cprog.exe error messagae when i would bring up the dialer. after turning off error reporting eveything works fine. though i don't know exactly what cprog is..
Old 04-21-2010, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Bigsmith is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

I tried this cab; it worked as advertised but also turned off keyboard backlighting (entirely) as well as vibration feedback on key and screen presses. Both returned immediately upon uninstalling it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tarp21 is a n00b

Sorry if this has been covered before. I have a TP2 with sprint service. Has anyone been experiencing or experienced problems with calls since upgrading from 6.1 to 6.5? Never had this problem with 6.1. At least once everyday I don't hear someone calling me, doesn't show up on missed calls either. It only shows that I have a voice message. Also, at least once a day I click on a contact to make a call and it won't bring up their contact information to let me make the call. I soft reset and all works fine again.

I use mobile shell primarily but it appears to be problematic with the stock sprint interface as well. So I don't believe it's a MS thing. I use all the same programs I had with 6.1 so I know I didn't add anything that would cause this.

I contacted sprint and they said I would have to take the phone to the store and they would reload the ROM. Don't think it's that either because I hard resetted (before adding my programs including MS) after flashing to 6.5 three times to make sure all will work well without any hiccups from advice seen here on PPCG.

Just curious if anyone has any ideas on this subject and if their experiencing similar symptoms. I can soft reset everday but I shouldn't have to that. I use the cleanram program on automatic clean up every 6 hrs and it takes care of not having to reset the phone until this hiccup. I like 6.5 as it seems to run smoother and faster than 6.1 and the radio is much better. I would really not like to reflash 6.1 if I don't have to. Also, my wife is using 6.1 and never has this issue at all on her TP2 as well.

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jorgecuatro is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jorgecuatro

what are all of you doing for hotmail usage? I cannot stand using web for it and my hotmail account is my livelyhood.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2