PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For those of you old enough to remember the Touch Pro...Lets reflect shall we?

What's with the people in this thread completely missing the enter key?

Anyways.... back onto point. I personally am quite fine with the Custom 6.5 roms, and am only anxious for the Official Sprint 6.5 rom just so Mighty and Juggalo can make some uber roms based off the stock sprint 6.5.

Either way, patience is a virtue. Trying to relate it to past experiences and complaining constantly isn't going to make Sprint release it faster, it will only give you a headache and make you upset for no reason when it's not released when YOU want it to be.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: For those of you old enough to remember the Touch Pro...Lets reflect shall we?

If I reflect on the tp1 all I think about is my 7 replacements. That phone sucked balls from a hardware perspective. I feel you though juggs I'm done with winmo until wp7. I will probably get the hd2 because its only 449 full price. Also just to see how winmo is with a snapdragon processor but for sure the nexus is going to be my everyday phone.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-12-2010, 07:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I bought the sprint tp here on ppcgeeks. It had cracks in the chrome, a scratch on the screen, and cosmetically it had a lot of wear and tear.

HOWEVER

That was one of the best phones I ever had. I did so much with it. And it was a huge step from the mogul I had; which I had like 18 replacements for that device under verizon.

I was the lucky one because my device just worked. Now verizon's tp...I got 6 of those...that phone was god awful. But the one sprint I had was epic
Old 03-12-2010, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

izzyforreal is just getting started

For me, it's a moot point. My last day with Sprint will be the day the HD2 is released.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

lovin the feedback guys/gals and yes thank god for ppcg or there would be no 6.5 at all but...you're just feeding the machine at this point. i care that my provider is going to support its most expensive device even if you dont. we are all players in their bigger better deal game...

Old 03-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyforreal View Post
For me, it's a moot point. My last day with Sprint will be the day the HD2 is released.

the TP was my 3rd winmom phone...the reason I went to the TP from the touch was that my phone would freeze up everytime i put it onto the charger and i would miss calls, texts etc. But my TP(s) were pretty solid. I think i went through 5, one was keyboard,, one was chrome/dpad issue. But i liked the TP, BUT I love my TP2. i lost my phone a couple weks ago and had to use my TP unitl my replacement came. Boy was thay weird. But I like Wimo because it is so customizable and even though the core is outdated is does work. I am excited to see what sprint is going to do with winmo 7. even though i usually change my phone out once a year, i will prolly wait and see what happens around the begining of the years with..
Old 03-12-2010, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

I bought my TP on craigslist Two days after it came out it,the chrome bezel around it literally crumbled in my hands. TEP sent me a BNIB one. It was solid until it developed that dreaded "rainbow blob". Stubbornly I held on to it until about Jan. when Sprint comped me a 2.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Personally I thought the Mogul 6800 was much more a disappointment than the Touch Pro. The stock ROM on the Mogul was incredibly flaky and the lack of RAM on the Mogul was incredibly frustrating...

When the TP1 came out it was literally like a breathe of fresh air.... and it got even better with the TP2.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Personally I thought the Mogul 6800 was much more a disappointment than the Touch Pro. The stock ROM on the Mogul was incredibly flaky and the lack of RAM on the Mogul was incredibly frustrating...

When the TP1 came out it was literally like a breathe of fresh air.... and it got even better with the TP2.
But hardware wise I loved it over the TP1 and to a certain extent the 2.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

i went android FTW!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2