PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   *****hspl***** is there support for it anymore? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113585)

CaliBoyPhillip 03-19-2010 10:47 PM

Re: *****hspl***** is there support for it anymore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1644002)
definitely not you Caliboy youre the only one who stood up for what he posted, but even you know NOBODY had anything else to say. I guess you can call it resolution because they added some extra features that most people didn't need anyways (like i said i've unlocked my tp2 3 times due to exchange and never had a problem), but its still only 2 unlocks and you still have to donate and go through the process.

I love this community for a reason, the real people who put there voice into action. I hate it though when people saying things but don't fight to defend there words. I wasn't going to argue with Oilpro over there mistakes lol! either one did not put in the IMEI's correctly or never really paid now based on the post made by Oilpro, I have to admit it, he was pretty chill about replying to me, I was expecting full hell of curse words on me :D

00_MACKIE_00 03-19-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip (Post 1644007)
I love this community for a reason, the real people who put there voice into action. I hate it though when people saying things but don't fight to defend there words. I wasn't going to argue with Oilpro over there mistakes lol! either one did not put in the IMEI's correctly or never really paid now based on the post made by Oilpro, I have to admit it, he was pretty chill about replying to me, I was expecting full hell of curse words on me :D

As much as I wanted to be here, I had to go to my bank today because someone cloned my debit card..

Seems this issue is resolved now.

p-slim 03-19-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1644045)
As much as I wanted to be here, I had to go to my bank today because someone cloned my debit card..

Seems this issue is resolved now.

Maybe you have a good excuse but this thread was 12 pages long of people complaining and someone of them are vips or close to it so you know they post often and none of them were here either, but yet achilles wants to pick on me because olipro came in and said the exact samething i was saying before he came in. Thats my point.

Srt4inSC 03-20-2010 07:36 PM

Hey guys, my problem got fixed today.... Thanks everyone

abednego 03-20-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olipro (Post 1642200)
we have hundreds of tickets, if you're someone who's whining because you already unlocked 2 devices (yes that's right, you get 2 ****ing devices free) and you're such a dumb **** that you smashed both and on you're third phone and it pains you to shell out the 4 quid then you can open a ticket and we WILL reply, but expect it to take a week or more.

First of all, I want to say that I am very thankful for the work that Olipro and cmonex put in to write the unlocker for all of us. If there's anyone who can appreciate it, its me -- I've taken ASM classes in college and know what a pain in the ass moving values in and outta registers can be. On top of that, I agree 100% with their model of donation-ware for the unlocker and paid money for the security unlock... I know if I were in their shoes, I wouldn't want others benefiting from my hard work.

But going forward, I still think that having 2 devices replaced does not necessarily mean someones a dumbass - or even "smashed" their phone. I'm one of the few who had the "rainbow banding" on my screen. I don't see other devices do this besides HTC.

I'm not someone whos cheap - in fact, I even donated money before to get my SIM unlocked. But when I had to get a replacement device (rainbow banding... not because I "smashed" my phone!), I had to provide an "RMA Authorization Sheet" to "prove" I wasn't security unlocking bulk phones.

I never had such a form from Sprint. They just gave me a brand new device in a box and I was on my way. So I replied to the e-mail, pointing to the thread I created about the rainbow banding. If I were really going to be unlocking bulk phones, would I create a brand new thread for each phone? C'mon now. I never received a repy about being security unlocked.

Now with just doing a regular HSPL, my ticket has been open since March 3rd. No reply. I can understand being busy... but having an issue to take over 3 weeks to resolve? Being nazis about "proving" a *single* replacement device for someone who paid? None of those things make a lot of sense to make people who WANT to pay. Why make those willing to pay jump through hoops?

Just my option, and nothing more. I have no hard feelings and appreciate their hard work. I guess I just think differently.

maedhros 03-20-2010 11:34 PM

Love how everyone is responding so politely to comments such as:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olipro (Post 1642223)
how the **** are we supposed to automatically tell the difference between you and someone at a GSM shop with 100 devices to unlock?

If you can tell me, you must be a ****ing genius, perhaps you'd care to solve the P=NP problem too.

And:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olipro (Post 1642245)

because guess what? IT IS NOT A FÚCKING ENTITLEMENT.

Just because you guys developed a great asset to the community dosent mean you have the right to add **** to every other word?

Wouldn't this be a ban to every other NORMAL user?

Guess some get better treatment then others.

Btw how much cash you guys rake in from "donations"?

CaliBoyPhillip 03-21-2010 04:12 AM

Well my take is.. you can't really judge the whole elite team based on the way Oilpro expressed his thoughts, I don't think he would care if he was temp banned either way. I don't hate the guy but nor do I see why people thank your post but not get involved with this conversation, I rather see most of those other people posting in the unlocker thread post here as well... My point of view is most don't want to even step up for there own words. Happy unlocking everyone ;)

Psychobaby 03-21-2010 06:07 AM

If I could pay I would gladly do so( I hate the stock tmob rom) but I have no damn credit card Ha if I could afford to get a damn beer my little heart would be happy too!(2 teenage daughters, single mom etc...damnit man girls are expensive lol!) Thank you for solving my problem...gonna try this again
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olipro (Post 1642280)

As far as "genuine problems" go, this is either down to people who don't want to (or apparently can't) pay (bearing in mind the cost is about the price of a pint of beer in a pub) and this particular group of people essentially behave as if Hard-SPL is a god-given right like food and water, which it's not.

Hmmmm who seems to be talking shit?
Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1643986)
Don't be mad by no way was I a bandwagon fan I was saying that shit before he even walked into the room (check the posts) now it seems all those people talking shit have nothing to say anymore, that's what's funny.

I would have to agree with you Mackie...I know once I say my piece I dont rehash the same old shit over and over...its a senseless waste of time. Usually a resolution does come up if you are patient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1643992)
Resolution usually creates silence.

First, apology for the delay in replying, some tickets were missed due to a problem, in future there should not be such a delay. Added your IMEI, use Automatic mode.

This reply is in relation to your support request We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions if so, please do not reply. Otherwise, reply directly to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support request and response.

the statement above was the response I recieved in answer to the ticket I submitted...Problem solved as I said

cmonex 03-21-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abednego (Post 1646397)

I'm not someone whos cheap - in fact, I even donated money before to get my SIM unlocked. But when I had to get a replacement device (rainbow banding... not because I "smashed" my phone!), I had to provide an "RMA Authorization Sheet" to "prove" I wasn't security unlocking bulk phones.

do you mean SIM Unlocker now, not HardSPL, right? the idea about that is you can still have another SIM unlock even if you had your phone break or anything. but if you just have 2 phones and want it for the 2nd one, that's a different case. what is wrong with this policy in your opinion? I'm confused.

cmonex 03-21-2010 02:01 PM

as for the tickets, yes, we rechecked all of them, so nobody should have been left without a reply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychobaby (Post 1646968)
I would have to agree with you Mackie...I know once I say my piece I dont rehash the same old shit over and over...its a senseless waste of time. Usually a resolution does come up if you are patient.

your last line is very good! I have nothing more to say than that. :)