PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Learn UC / XDA_UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-12-15} (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113189)

ebb 03-09-2010 12:00 PM

Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-08}

Just want to add my thanks for putting all of this in one place, and making it easy to understand. Great work!

Agree on making this a sticky.

NinjaDuck 03-09-2010 12:16 PM

What I find interesting is how many people have chosen to read this.

If I posted a thread that said, "I quit: Trading in my TP2 for an I-Phone", I would have several thousand reads and a hundred responses instead of 300.

I am doing it anyway because someone asked for help, and I love all that this site and community has taught me. I am happy to be able to give back and would have loved a post like this when I started.

All good and I am glad people are appreciating it.

neudof 03-14-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaDuck (Post 1617523)

If I posted a thread that said, "I quit: Trading in my TP2 for an I-Phone", I would have several thousand reads and a hundred responses instead of 300.

I am doing it anyway because someone asked for help, and I love all that this site and community has taught me. I am happy to be able to give back and would have loved a post like this when I started.

The point that you made above is the exact thing that drives me nutz on this site. 90% of people would rather spend their time bitching and ripping on people who do not know as much as they do, rather than sharing the information they have.......

THANK YOU, for being a part of the value add 10%!!

twe90kid 03-14-2010 10:49 PM

Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-10}

would you say this is better than sashimi?

NinjaDuck 03-14-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 1630514)

Sashimi happens after the initial install of the ROM. This to me is an extra step and I find that things like Favorite people (synced with Exchange) do not take once the ROM is loaded.

Sashimi is more flexible (you can install to storage card), but I found it more difficult to manage over time if for no other reason than I have to click a button or two.

Most custom ROMs support UC or XDA_UC right out of the box. XDA_UC will also run UC, so I find it to be the most universal and makes it easy to jump from one ROM to the other.

They are all great tools and I would never argue for one over another. I just have my personal preference.

No matter which one you pick, the concepts in this thread should serve you well.

bsarlo 03-15-2010 10:12 PM

8-[ This is exactly what I needed. That you so much! I hope you are ready for me to pick your brain about this.

NinjaDuck 03-15-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsarlo (Post 1632587)
8-[ This is exactly what I needed. That you so much! I hope you are ready for me to pick your brain about this.

Pick away. I can always add more info to the posts.

fishingmedic 03-15-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaDuck (Post 1617523)

I can't thank you enough for this, very informative and very helpful. We need more people like you

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 1630514)

I used Sashimi as a fallback if the ROM doesn't have XDA UC built it, but IMO you can never learn enough, so learn and master as many and as much as you can.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaDuck (Post 1632613)
Pick away. I can always add more info to the posts.

Again, thanks for sharing your knowledge, this definitely needs to be a sticky!

Blackcircle 03-15-2010 11:17 PM

Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-15}

Thank you very much for this. Amazing job.=D>=D>=D>

bsarlo 03-18-2010 02:42 AM

Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-15}

Do you know a way to add my Opera settings including my home page web sites to UC?

Can I just copy your xml code into a new text file and use it as is (adding my personalized entries of course)? Why are some enable values 1 and some are 0? What do each mean or are they specific to the attribute? For example do some attributes use 1 and -1 while others use 1 and 0? Or do they all use -1, 0, and 1? If they do what does the zero mean?

Dumb Q : what is hotmail? IMAP4 or POP3? I set it up using Makisu as a POP3 account and that worked. Do you have a sample code for POP3?

Can I just use the xml file created by Makisu in UC or is that only set up to run with Sashimi?

More Qs brewing...